Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

phew! Just got Golden Sun and FFTA off eBay

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Games
  • Ebay
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 7:16:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

Damn! It's so hard to find authentic GBA ganes off eBay. There are just
tons and tons of cheap Hong Kong copies. It took me weeks to finally
purchase these 2 although I've been eyeing them for so long.

Now the last game I plan to get is Fire Emblem, until I beat the 3 games
that is, then I'd like to get Golden Sun's sequel, Tactics Ogre and
Yugioh! Dungeon Dice Monsters. Although I've only played the first
Castlevania game, I've given up trying to find the other two at a cheap
price (and not be pirated!) on eBay. Why Konami chooses to discontinue
production on these games when they sell so well, I have no idea....

I'd have to say that Advance Wars 2 was one of my favorite games and I'm
looking forward to getting Fire Emblem because from what I've read of it
it's even better! Time to start sorting through all the eBay bootlegs
once again!

Anyway, the whole point of this point was too rant about all the Hong
Kong copies on eBay but I guess I deviated a bit.

Adnan

More about : phew golden sun ffta ebay

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 1:00:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:16:22 -0400, Adnan <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Anyway, the whole point of this point was too rant about all the Hong
>Kong copies on eBay but I guess I deviated a bit.

Just send the counterfiet along with full info to Nintendo.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 2:50:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

Impmon wrote:
>
> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:16:22 -0400, Adnan <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >Anyway, the whole point of this point was too rant about all the Hong
> >Kong copies on eBay but I guess I deviated a bit.
>
> Just send the counterfiet along with full info to Nintendo.

So far I've been careful enough as to not end up with a bootleg. It's
hard but as long as you avoid all sellers from Hong Kong, and contact
any other sellers who's auctions look dubious (if they don't come with
box or manual or if the guy states that he'll replace it if there are
any defects, that's usually a good sign it's a bootleg).

That's why it takes me so long to get the GBA game I want though. As I
said, I've been eyeing those games I've mentioned for months but it was
tough getting them considering 90% of the auction listings were for
cheap bootlegs.

Adnan

> --
> To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 1:20:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

Adnan wrote:
>
> Damn! It's so hard to find authentic GBA ganes off eBay. There are just
> tons and tons of cheap Hong Kong copies. It took me weeks to finally
> purchase these 2 although I've been eyeing them for so long.
>
> Now the last game I plan to get is Fire Emblem, until I beat the 3 games
> that is, then I'd like to get Golden Sun's sequel, Tactics Ogre and
> Yugioh! Dungeon Dice Monsters. Although I've only played the first
> Castlevania game, I've given up trying to find the other two at a cheap
> price (and not be pirated!) on eBay. Why Konami chooses to discontinue
> production on these games when they sell so well, I have no idea....
>
> I'd have to say that Advance Wars 2 was one of my favorite games and I'm
> looking forward to getting Fire Emblem because from what I've read of it
> it's even better! Time to start sorting through all the eBay bootlegs
> once again!
>
> Anyway, the whole point of this point was too rant about all the Hong
> Kong copies on eBay but I guess I deviated a bit.
>
> Adnan

Drats. Despite my best efforts, the Golden Sun game I bought turned out
to be a bootleg.
!