Sign in with
Your question

570 cooler, MSI vs Palit

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2011 10:46:37 PM

I am trying to decide on which 570 to purchase between the MSI 570 Twin Frozr II and the Palit 570 Sonic Platinum. I know the MSI Twin frozr II is one of the best heatsinks available. I have never seen Palit use this heatsink before though, it looks a lot like MSI's. I am wondering which will run cooler/quieter. I do like the display port and hdmi port the Palit has. I would like to use the Display port on a Dell U3011 when I get one. I can't tell what type of material is being used to cover the Palit, it looks like cheap plastic.

More about : 570 cooler msi palit

February 17, 2011 11:24:07 PM

lol palit is crap. go with msi.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2011 5:15:50 AM

jimishtar said:
lol palit is crap. go with msi.

As an owner of a Palit GTX 570 Sonic, I beg to differ.

I'm using MSi's Afterburner utility to overclock the factory-overclocked card even further. It came with 750 core, 1500 shader, 1950 memory, and I'm currently at 865 core, 1730 shader, 2000 memory. I had the memory up to 2100, but somebody mentioned the problems with GTX 570 memory dying at over 2000 so I dropped it back down. This is all at default voltage, by the way. I also have the fans set at 75% power until 50ºC, increasing up to 90% at 70ºC, then staying at 90%. I've only heard the fans ramp up once, when I was doing stability testing with FurMark.

The reason I bought the Palit was for the non-reference cooler, and it hasn't disappointed.

Oh, and the cover is plastic, yes. Though cheap it is not.

Edit: I ran FurMark 1.8.2 in stability test mode, with Xtreme Burning Mode on, Displacement Mapping and Post FX enabled. 1920x1080 resolution (my normal gaming resolution), with 32x MSAA selected. With those settings I averaged 51 FPS and the GPU temp never got above 72ºC in a four hour test run.
m
l
February 18, 2011 12:07:23 PM

well, i hope that card will last you more than a year. we all know who the top dogs are in hardware brands. all the problems i've had were with inno3d, palit, ecs, some xfx. although i've never had experience with 570 palit. so i might give them another chance in future.
m
l
!