ASUS Motherboard and Coolermaster HAF Fans

G

Hello,

I recieved all of the parts for my new rig this morning but am having a real problem in identifying how to connect the fans up to MOBO.

I have a molex connector for all 4 and decided to put them one on top of the other but after seeing some other setups this doesn't look right at all.

Can anyone PLEASE help me identify what I should do with my fans and also how to hook up the front of the case wires to the section on the MOBO, as I can't work these out either!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimageshack.us%2Fg%2F88%2Fimg2493large.jpg%2F&h=tAQBSdp66

Thanks!

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
The molex connectors on your fans connect directly to your PSU if you want the fans to run at max rpm all the time. Fan connections to the motherboard are done by either 3/4-pin connections so that the fan speed can be adjusted accordingly by the motherboard. If you want to manually control the fan rpm's then you need to have a fan control installed into your computer, usually via one drive bay, but this connection is also done by 3/4-pin connectors.

Case fan setup should be done so that you have good air flow going through your computer case and everything gets cooled. Most people like to hide the wires going from the case fans because it both doesn't look good to have wires hanging everywhere and more importantly, it impedes the air flow going through your computer.

It's the first time I've seen a motherboard with a molex connector directly on it so I can't say too much on that but what you may want to do is try to hide the wires, either by slipping it behind the motherboard or running it along the inside edge of the case. You should also be careful that none of your wires get clipped by the fans, as in the one in front of the CPU fan and the rear case fan.

The manual that came with your motherboard will tell you have to set up your front header connections, there's not much we can do unless we had the manual ourselves. Feel free to list your computer specs too.