Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CM Storm Scout Fan Light Power

Last response: in Systems
April 24, 2011 7:22:34 PM

Hello,
Another question here, "CM storm scout unidentified molexes" asked about Molex connections. I have a question about the case molex connector that contains only two pins, with a twisted black and red wires terminated to each pin. Both pins were pushed back out of the connector shell when trying to attach the power supply half. I didn't notice this until later so I hav no idea which pin slots in the Molex connector these two black/red pins insert. The wires terminate on the panel end at the fan light switch and obviously control the lights on the fans. Everything else now works on the computer except the fan lights. I had no luck with CM tech support in getting a pin-out description. Could anyone suggest in which shell pin slots these two black/red wiring pins should be inserted? Help will be appreciatd.
Conejos

Best solution

May 16, 2011 6:47:44 AM

do you still need help? if so i just got this case, but im not quite sure what connection your talking about (pics might help) :) 
June 6, 2011 4:16:48 PM

I finally traced out the wiring and determined that the power and ground wires to the fan lights were reversed in the small fan connector. This caused a direct short to ground which burned the insulation off the fan lights power wires. I switched the wires, re-wired the fans, and now they work O.K.
Thanks
m
l
Related resources
June 16, 2011 12:49:40 AM

cheapshots said:
do you still need help? if so i just got this case, but im not quite sure what connection your talking about (pics might help) :) 

I worked out the problem myself, in spite of lack of support from coolermaster. The case power to the lighted fans had reversed polarity between power and ground.

Thanks,
Conejos
m
l
June 23, 2011 3:16:04 AM

Best answer selected by conejos.
m
l
!