carllll1000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hey guys I'm currently in the process of making a gaming rig I'm going to order the components in four months but I want to make the build now. I have made one on scan.com can you please tell me if its good for the price, And will it be able to run game like crysis and metro33 at max in hd at a good resolution? I dont mind if you show me a better build. Thanks in advance guys.

oxycontiin

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
hey carl, I'm currently in the same situation as you. Putting together my custom build at as low a price as i can while making a system powerful enough to keep up with modern games. I wont claim to be an expert, but since you asked for opinions I'll give you mine. From what I can tell, unless you plan on overclocking your cpu, Intel is the prefered brand even though the specs may sound better on the AMD chips. I wanted an AMD too, until I found out that an Intel chip of the same price and lower stats actually performed better than the AMD chip. So I might recommend you take another look at that. Everything else looks good, although you have chosen an mATX format motherboard. This means its smaller than normal, so you might want to look at finding something similar listed as ATX. It will probably have more room for upgrades, and more room means it runs cooler, its a general improvement if you can find one you want. Other than that I don't think there's much else you can look at that will influence your builds ability to handle high graphical performance for games. If youre on a tight budget, try all kinds of online sites and see if you can buy your parts on sale. There's always sales and rebates on all kinds of stuff. If you time your purchases right, you can save big. Good luck!

striker410

Distinguished

striker410

Distinguished

TRENDING THREADS