Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What is failing address of MemTest86+

Last response: in Memory
April 5, 2012 11:21:29 AM

Can anybody tell me the meaning according to the failing adddress of MemTest86+?
I heard somebody said that I can find which is the failed DRAM IC according to failing address.
Is it ture or just rumor?
Please help on it.

a c 80 } Memory
April 5, 2012 5:11:17 PM

It's true if you know which IC stores which bit (prints can definitely help). Then you need appropriate equipement to replace the failed chip. Another issue is finding a replacement chip that's from the same batch for best compatibility. Using proper test equipment is a much better solution.
Score
April 12, 2012 4:18:12 AM

GhislainG said:
It's true if you know which IC stores which bit (prints can definitely help). Then you need appropriate equipement to replace the failed chip. Another issue is finding a replacement chip that's from the same batch for best compatibility. Using proper test equipment is a much better solution.

:) 
I really appreciate.
By the way, do you know how to indentify which ICs of the module get involved with the issue by the failing address?
Is there any technical document mention about it?

Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 80 } Memory
April 12, 2012 11:50:21 AM

You could get the prints for the module from the manufacturer, but they all should be similar. Reading and other similar info may help: http://www.fedevel.com/welldoneblog/2011/02/ddr-ddr2-dd...
April 17, 2012 12:35:31 AM

Thank you, guys. It's usefule information to me.
Score
April 28, 2012 4:07:16 AM

Best answer selected by David_43.
Score
a c 146 } Memory
April 28, 2012 4:11:44 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!