Upgrading Power supply for a Better Graphic Card

torytorydor

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hello everyone, I have come to notice that it is impossible to upgrade my current graphic card without changing power supply, but before I get more into the Details, allow me to show you my computer's specs.

I'm Currently Running on a Packard Bell Computer and heres the specs :

MotherBoard : Packard Bell BV ( Model : GA-T671MG )
Graphic Interface : PCI Express ( Link Width x8 Max.Supported x16 1.0 Slot )
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (Socket 775 LGA)
Memory : DDR2
Channels # Single
Size 3072 MBytes

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE ( This is an old GPU because the original one broke down which was a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 1535 Mb)

So these are the information of my current computer and I'm looking to get a better grapic card than the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS for light gamming such as Guild Wars and League of legends ( the GeForce 7300 doesnt work very well with League of legends even on very low graphic settings, the FPS was like around 10-19 whereas with 8400GS it was on high settings and running on stable 29-30 FPS)

To start with the Upgrade, I've chose the Corsair's PSU - GS700 and the graphic card will be a XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5.
I'd love to stay with these 2 components and I'd like to know if it will be compatible with my system. I also heard that even if the graphic card is on a higher end than the CPU a certain percentage of the GPU's potential will be a waste so I like to get some advices.

Thanks in Advance,
ToryToryDor.

torytorydor

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Oh okay Thanks obsidian86, case wouldnt be a problem, I currently Modding a PC case xD, that relieved me, I'll finally be able to play again :D