I want to study virtualization, Windows 7 certs & employ an Apple iPAD interface on a home build computer.
* Need sufficient power on a motherboard to handle lots of cheap memory - 16 GB would be nice
* Need sufficient CPU's to handle at least 4 virtuals
* Would prefer to use an Apple iPAD as the KVM interface. I've got enough keyboards & mice & monitors.
* Base OS - I would prefer VMWare ESX 4i if I can get it to work.
* One instance of Win7 - gets me through the certs & gets me plugged in.
* One instance of Linux Debian or Ubuntu - LInux is really nice.
* 2 instances to paly with.
Haven't picked up an Apple iPAD yet. Figure the price has to come down sometime.
More about :cheap virtualization platform late april 2011
Also, Don't count on iPad prices to drop at all. They'll simply sell at the current price until Apple releases a new one. Then this one will cease to be sold, and the new one will take over at the current price