I want to study virtualization, Windows 7 certs & employ an Apple iPAD interface on a home build computer.
* Need sufficient power on a motherboard to handle lots of cheap memory - 16 GB would be nice
* Need sufficient CPU's to handle at least 4 virtuals
* Would prefer to use an Apple iPAD as the KVM interface. I've got enough keyboards & mice & monitors.
* Base OS - I would prefer VMWare ESX 4i if I can get it to work.
* One instance of Win7 - gets me through the certs & gets me plugged in.
* One instance of Linux Debian or Ubuntu - LInux is really nice.
* 2 instances to paly with.
Haven't picked up an Apple iPAD yet. Figure the price has to come down sometime.
Also, Don't count on iPad prices to drop at all. They'll simply sell at the current price until Apple releases a new one. Then this one will cease to be sold, and the new one will take over at the current price