Video card and CPU alright for gaming?

christian1102

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions on a little problem I'm having. I just built a brand new computer and everything is running the way it's supposed to. I decided to get on and download a few of my favorite games and see how they worked. One of those games was World of Warcraft, which I know is very CPU intensive. I have AMD's strongest current CPU from what I understand, the AMD Phenom II. I am using the GeForce GTX 460 SE 1024MB. I'm also packing 8gb's of RAM. From everything I've heard, I should be running WoW just fine. I cranked up WoW to find myself running at 3-5 fps in a low traffic zone with low settings on. This can't be right, can it? I just spent $600+ on a new system to see it run even worse than my previous junk laptop? Any help or advice you guys can give would be helpful, and if there's anything you would like to know about other parts of my system, I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks again for any and all help guys :)

omarBaRcA

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
strange thing was there any other game in progress .

but i think the game might be damaged try it on any other pc with good specs and see but this is a strange thing in order to be sure that the pc is running well try any other games with good graphics like (crysis , metro 2033) i have a phenom II processor and all of the games are running very fast and maxed out