What is the best mobo for non gamer??

i'm not a gamer but i want a fast computer also capable of multitasking, and it should be a Z68 motherboard.
15 answers Last reply
More about what mobo gamer
  1. I used an Asus P8Z68-M Pro on a build not to long ago and I was really like it. Also I have the Intel DZ68BD in the system under my desk and it is a very good board that is very stable. So both of them would work well for your needs.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  2. IntelEnthusiast said:
    I used an Asus P8Z68-M Pro on a build not to long ago and I was really like it. Also I have the Intel DZ68BD in the system under my desk and it is a very good board that is very stable. So both of them would work well for your needs.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team

    do you really need 16 gig of ram?? and why do you need it? and in what it well help me??
  3. Heck, I don't need it. Most people will find that 8GB of RAM is more than enough. When I build this system the idea was to build it so that I can try out some different things (i.e. video editting) when I post to you guys. This is also the reason I have a Blu-Ray Burner.

    I am already startting to put together the components for my next build and on this one I am holding at 8GB and no Blu-Ray. The new system has a budget of almost $1000 more than I spent last year.


    Chrisitan Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  4. Depending on your budget, here are a couple great Z68 boards

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 $120
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131792 $180

    I prefer the ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3 over ASRock, better LAN chipset, better brand, but again, depends on your budget.
  5. z68 is not the best anymore, but is good.
    If you wanted somthing to last you 8 or so years
    the best now is x79 but expensive
    somthing like
    ASRock X79 EXTREME7 LGA 2011 Intel X79
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157284
    with
    Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115229
  6. the great randini said:
    z68 is not the best anymore, but is good.
    If you wanted somthing to last you 8 or so years
    the best now is x79 but expensive
    somthing like
    ASRock X79 EXTREME7 LGA 2011 Intel X79
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157284
    with
    Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115229



    I'm guessing there is a reason for OP asking for a Z68 motherboard, which uses Socket 1155.
    There are no X79 1155 motherboards, but thanks for joining the conversation.
  7. sharkbyte5150 said:
    I'm guessing there is a reason for OP asking for a Z68 motherboard, which uses Socket 1155.
    There are no X79 1155 motherboards, but thanks for joining the conversation.


    i thought he asked what was the best board for a non gamer lga 2011 is the best right now
    i dont see what 1155 has to do with anything but ok
  8. the great randini said:
    i thought he asked what was the best board for a non gamer lga 2011 is the best right now
    i dont see what 1155 has to do with anything but ok



    First of all, OP said "it should be a Z68".
    If that is because he needs a socket 1155, it is the first and most important starting point for looking for a board, so 1155 has to do with everything. It would be better to understand why he asked about Z68 before immediately recommending entirely different platform.


    Mooda, is there a specific reason you are looking for a Z68 board?
  9. u r correct my bad
  10. GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 is also a great board...

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498
  11. sharkbyte5150 said:
    First of all, OP said "it should be a Z68".
    If that is because he needs a socket 1155, it is the first and most important starting point for looking for a board, so 1155 has to do with everything. It would be better to understand why he asked about Z68 before immediately recommending entirely different platform.


    Mooda, is there a specific reason you are looking for a Z68 board?

    cause the Z68 have intel srt "smart response technology" cause i wanna use a 1TB HDD and a value 60GB SSD and that technology for cashing.
  12. sharkbyte5150 said:
    First of all, OP said "it should be a Z68".
    If that is because he needs a socket 1155, it is the first and most important starting point for looking for a board, so 1155 has to do with everything. It would be better to understand why he asked about Z68 before immediately recommending entirely different platform.


    Mooda, is there a specific reason you are looking for a Z68 board?



    =)
  13. Honestly, that SRT is cool, but if you haven't already purchased a socket 1155 CPU, follow Randini's advice and go X79 and just install the OS on an SSD, or wait for Ivy Bridge and go Z77.

    Do you really have enough programs between OS and games or other software to fill a 240GB SSD? If not, there really is no need to pin yourself to a chipset for that feature and you'll get better performance running off an SSD.
  14. sharkbyte5150 said:
    Honestly, that SRT is cool, but if you haven't already purchased a socket 1155 CPU, follow Randini's advice and go X79 and just install the OS on an SSD, or wait for Ivy Bridge and go Z77.

    Do you really have enough programs between OS and games or other software to fill a 240GB SSD? If not, there really is no need to pin yourself to a chipset for that feature and you'll get better performance running off an SSD.

    the OS will be on the SSD, but im using the SRT for cashing, the PC will Boot from the SSD, HDD only for storage.
  15. To use SRT, you install the OS on the non-SSD drive, then use a portion of an SSD for caching so programs you access often respond faster. That is what SRT is for, so as I mentioned, if you're installing OS on SSD you will not be able to use SRT anyhow and if you have your own graphics, Z68 is no longer the best option for you.

    Wait for Ivy Bridge and go Z77 or jump up to X79 and get a socket 2011 CPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Multitasking Computer Product