Sign in with
Your question

What is the best mobo for non gamer??

Last response: in Motherboards
April 5, 2012 4:40:19 PM

i'm not a gamer but i want a fast computer also capable of multitasking, and it should be a Z68 motherboard.

More about : mobo gamer

a c 75 V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 5:06:13 PM

I used an Asus P8Z68-M Pro on a build not to long ago and I was really like it. Also I have the Intel DZ68BD in the system under my desk and it is a very good board that is very stable. So both of them would work well for your needs.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
April 5, 2012 5:29:26 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
I used an Asus P8Z68-M Pro on a build not to long ago and I was really like it. Also I have the Intel DZ68BD in the system under my desk and it is a very good board that is very stable. So both of them would work well for your needs.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

do you really need 16 gig of ram?? and why do you need it? and in what it well help me??
Related resources
a c 75 V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 5:57:31 PM

Heck, I don't need it. Most people will find that 8GB of RAM is more than enough. When I build this system the idea was to build it so that I can try out some different things (i.e. video editting) when I post to you guys. This is also the reason I have a Blu-Ray Burner.

I am already startting to put together the components for my next build and on this one I am holding at 8GB and no Blu-Ray. The new system has a budget of almost $1000 more than I spent last year.

Chrisitan Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 7:11:05 PM

the great randini said:
z68 is not the best anymore, but is good.
If you wanted somthing to last you 8 or so years
the best now is x79 but expensive
somthing like
ASRock X79 EXTREME7 LGA 2011 Intel X79
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
with
Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm guessing there is a reason for OP asking for a Z68 motherboard, which uses Socket 1155.
There are no X79 1155 motherboards, but thanks for joining the conversation.
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 7:38:11 PM

sharkbyte5150 said:
I'm guessing there is a reason for OP asking for a Z68 motherboard, which uses Socket 1155.
There are no X79 1155 motherboards, but thanks for joining the conversation.

i thought he asked what was the best board for a non gamer lga 2011 is the best right now
i dont see what 1155 has to do with anything but ok
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 7:54:37 PM

the great randini said:
i thought he asked what was the best board for a non gamer lga 2011 is the best right now
i dont see what 1155 has to do with anything but ok

First of all, OP said "it should be a Z68".
If that is because he needs a socket 1155, it is the first and most important starting point for looking for a board, so 1155 has to do with everything. It would be better to understand why he asked about Z68 before immediately recommending entirely different platform.

Mooda, is there a specific reason you are looking for a Z68 board?
April 6, 2012 11:08:16 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
If that is because he needs a socket 1155, it is the first and most important starting point for looking for a board, so 1155 has to do with everything. It would be better to understand why he asked about Z68 before immediately recommending entirely different platform.

cause the Z68 have intel srt "smart response technology" cause i wanna use a 1TB HDD and a value 60GB SSD and that technology for cashing.
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2012 11:56:40 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:

=)
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2012 5:17:54 PM

Honestly, that SRT is cool, but if you haven't already purchased a socket 1155 CPU, follow Randini's advice and go X79 and just install the OS on an SSD, or wait for Ivy Bridge and go Z77.

Do you really have enough programs between OS and games or other software to fill a 240GB SSD? If not, there really is no need to pin yourself to a chipset for that feature and you'll get better performance running off an SSD.
April 7, 2012 10:17:49 AM

sharkbyte5150 said:
Honestly, that SRT is cool, but if you haven't already purchased a socket 1155 CPU, follow Randini's advice and go X79 and just install the OS on an SSD, or wait for Ivy Bridge and go Z77.

Do you really have enough programs between OS and games or other software to fill a 240GB SSD? If not, there really is no need to pin yourself to a chipset for that feature and you'll get better performance running off an SSD.

the OS will be on the SSD, but im using the SRT for cashing, the PC will Boot from the SSD, HDD only for storage.
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2012 6:44:54 PM

To use SRT, you install the OS on the non-SSD drive, then use a portion of an SSD for caching so programs you access often respond faster. That is what SRT is for, so as I mentioned, if you're installing OS on SSD you will not be able to use SRT anyhow and if you have your own graphics, Z68 is no longer the best option for you.

Wait for Ivy Bridge and go Z77 or jump up to X79 and get a socket 2011 CPU.
!