Mobo option

xadorus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Hi guys, about to get a new system, but need a critique on the mobo.

I was deciding between these 3 mobos:

GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping] [+0]

CrossFireX] Asus P8P67-M Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI [B3 Stepping] (All Venom OC Certified) [+0]

[CrossFireX] Asus P8P67 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, DIGI+VRM, 7.1 HD Audio, BT GO!, GbLAN, USB 3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 3 PCI [B3 Stepping] (All Venom OC Certified) [+45]

Preferably the Gigabyte one since it got some extra pci slots for upgrades. But, my uses are for gaming mostly, and I heard the gigabyte mobo is kind of unstable with sudden reboots. And then I was looking at the Asus p67-m, however, its the micro version; does this limit overclockability? And the other choice would be the regular P67 but it goes over my spending limit.

I am leaning on the gigabyte board, then 2nd choice would be the micro, but which one do you guys think is better? Not really looking to crossfire, as I am going to get the 6950 gpu which could handle any game! Thanks in advance!

bdbeall

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I just built a rig for a friend with a gtx-580, and an i52500k on the p8p67-m board. Runs like a champ. The proc is oc'd to 4.2 GHz, and the video card is OC's to 900 MHz. Also board supports sli/crossfire so you should be set. only problem i had was the power cable slots when building were a pain, but if you get it built for you now worries. Also the p8p67 has extra pci slots so you can still upgrade in the future.

If you want to get a price comparison on your build, email custompcandrepairs.com. They might be able to get you a better price on your build.