512MB GeForce 8500 GT is it enough for gta 4

G

i wanna know is my grapchics good enough to hold gta4 pls answer me

you can look here for the game requirement:

http://technodorm.com/2008/12/30/gta-4-system-requirements/

note that this game rely heavily on cpu so quad cpu are more preferable than dual cores. your gpu will let you play the game but i'm sure you won't be able to crank up the setting with it even with lower resolution.

G

Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Pentium E2180 @ 2.00GHz
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 403MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM (Socket 775)
Graphics
ASUS VW193D @ 1280x960
512MB GeForce 8500 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives
313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-08B4A0 (IDE)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202J
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio
HERE THIS IS MY COMPUTER AND ALL HIS SOFTWARE THINGS CAN I HAVE GTA4 WITH THIS???????

G

what that mean oc i dont know very much in computers to buy cooler or what

OC: overclock. and yes you need good cooler if you really want to OC your CPU. but you can try running the games with what you have first. if you think you need more performance then you can start OCing your cpu....or looking for better card

G

ok i will try that thanks you all i will ask you guys if i had any more questions but thanks

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
The cpu is weak, but at lower resolutions it should be fine. You'll be limited by your RAM & graphics card memory though, as their just as important in the game.

G

i will try to overclock it or buy a cooler and see what will happen

Deva12

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
i want to now that too?

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Pentium E2180 @ 2.5GHz
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 403MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM (Socket 775)
Graphics
ASUS VW193D @ 1280x960
512MB GeForce 8500 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives
313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-08B4A0 (IDE)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202J
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

CAN I HAVE GTA4 WITH THIS CPU AND GRAPHICS ??????????

Don't think you should even worry about that game.Theirs so many errors it's not even worth playing.Even on the best super computers it lags and poor frame rates.It was orginally made for the console(Xbox&PS3) first then when they brang it over to the PC version they did a horrible job at coding it.Which is why it won't work even on the best computers.

G

ye, i had gta 4 running on almost those exact same specifications, i ran the game on low settings at about 25-35 frames per second (playable on gta 4 if you're that desperate), my performance increased though with the latest patch to about a stable 35 frames per/s (enjoyable enough). I was running the resolution at 1024*768. That info will cost you a mere 50 bucks, you can pay me through Paypal.