Sign in with
Your question
Solved

470GTX Vs. 6950 2g Vs 560 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2011 2:59:00 PM

Subject says it all for am AMD 965 based system with 8gb on Asrock 870 e3 which card is going to give the most bang for the buck in Eq2 Sumpream commander 1 and 2 Eq2 and Diablo 3 when it comes out.

I am deleting the other thread not sure how it got posted in UK forum.

More about : 470gtx 6950 560

Best solution

a c 664 U Graphics card
a c 176 À AMD
February 18, 2011 10:54:35 PM

Skip the GTX 470, so then the best bang for the buck is going to be whichever of the other two are cheaper. For me, I would vote for the GTX560, particularly if you get one and overclock it.
February 25, 2011 11:01:23 PM

Best answer selected by belezeebub.
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2011 12:54:50 AM

17seconds said:
Skip the GTX 470, so then the best bang for the buck is going to be whichever of the other two are cheaper. For me, I would vote for the GTX560, particularly if you get one and overclock it.

How do you locate an overclockable 560ti? Are they all capable?

THanks
m
l
a c 664 U Graphics card
a c 176 À AMD
February 26, 2011 1:06:45 AM

jasoneduke said:
How do you locate an overclockable 560ti? Are they all capable?

THanks

They are all highly overclockable. I would start by looking at some of the factory overclocked cards. The reference speed is 822 mhz. Most 560's you will find are factory overclocked. I would start with nothing less than the MSI Twin Frozr at 880 mhz, and work up from there. After that, you have cards like the Asus DirectCU TOP, EVGA Superclocked and Gigabyte OC at 900 mhz, then the Zotac AMP! at 950 mhz, and finally the Gigabyte SOC (if you can find one) and the Sparkle Calibre at 1000 mhz. With one of these cards, you really don't have to worry about overclocking yourself, although all of them will go a little higher than their factory clocks.

Here is a recent Tom's Hardware roundup of GTX 560's. It doesn't include very many cards, but you get the idea, basically the "best" cards are the ones with the fastest speeds and the best coolers.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-...

If you have a favorite shopping website, I could help pick out a couple for you to choose from. They are all basically within the same price range.
m
l
February 26, 2011 1:41:40 AM

17seconds said:
They are all highly overclockable. I would start by looking at some of the factory overclocked cards. The reference speed is 822 mhz. Most 560's you will find are factory overclocked. I would start with nothing less than the MSI Twin Frozr at 880 mhz, and work up from there. After that, you have cards like the Asus DirectCU TOP, EVGA Superclocked and Gigabyte OC at 900 mhz, then the Zotac AMP! at 950 mhz, and finally the Gigabyte SOC (if you can find one) and the Sparkle Calibre at 1000 mhz. With one of these cards, you really don't have to worry about overclocking yourself, although all of them will go a little higher than their factory clocks.

Here is a recent Tom's Hardware roundup of GTX 560's. It doesn't include very many cards, but you get the idea, basically the "best" cards are the ones with the fastest speeds and the best coolers.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-...

If you have a favorite shopping website, I could help pick out a couple for you to choose from. They are all basically within the same price range.

Great Information. Thank you. I read the review the the 560 that you are referring too and it was very informative as well. The problem that I ran into was I could not locate any of the cards they recommended. I was finally able to locate the ASUS DirectCU but it was only the 825mhz (I believe). I am in the final stages of building my new computer and all I have left to do is pick out the Processor/ Either I5 2500k or I7 2600k.. The GPU... and of course the motherboard just as soon as they are back on the shelves.

I have bought everything so far from NewEgg but I have no problems buying a card from somewhere else if its a good company with a great deal. BTW, I pretty much am building this computer to play a game called Starcraft 2, and surf the web. Nothing major. Im just having some fun and trying to learn some more on the way. Money is not an issue, but I dont need the latest and greatest of anything.. Just a great bang for my buck.

Thanks again.. ANY advice is greatly appreciated.
m
l
!