lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
my computer freezes up and recently its gotten pretty bad forcing me to temple with the bios.
im guessing the cpu is the problem.
what should i do in the bios to make it better?

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
get into bios and check system temps to make sure they are not too high. you can also try resetting bios defaults to standard. are you oc'ing your rig? if so run your cpu/gpu back to stock and then slowly wind back up until system starts to become unstable and then wind back down slightly. recheck temp levels to make sure they are within safe tolerances. also thermal paste may have dried out on cpu so might be worth checking that out. might be worth giving your system a clean out too. make sure all fans and airvents are free of dust.

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

what would to a stable temp for the system?im not oc'ing my rig.

Are you freeze in game?
or some software ?
- test ram with memtest86
(test one by one) remove it from slot ram
- if your ram fine, check with scan virus ( sometime this can cause freeze ). If not, it may still be a temporary problem, only it is a little more stubborn! Press the ‘Alt’, ‘Ctrl’ and ‘Del’ buttons all at the same time, and you should bring up the Windows Task Manager frame. See if any program is shown in the ‘Applications’ window as not being responsive.
If anything shows, highlight it and click the ‘End
Task’ toggle.

- check temp use hwmonitor, you must temp vga and cpu when if you playgame

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

its not even tat my system would legit freeze even in my bios and i checked my cpu and turns out i need the heat compound thing cuz it dried up.whats worse then tat it was stuck to the cpu fan and i accidently bent a few pins. i had no other option but use my hands to try to make them straight. so yea the problem is my cpu.

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

lolz i used my fingernails to manually fix the pins