Sign in with
Your question

Dell 4700 no sound with radeon hd 5570 graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2011 3:34:23 PM

The graphic card works great but now no sound at all..i am hoping this is a common problem that can be easily fixed. Will probably try system restore to before graphics card was installed.
a c 192 U Graphics card
February 18, 2011 3:40:02 PM

It is a common problem. Your default audio device got switched from whatever it was, to the HDMI output on the card. Go into Control Panel and switch it back, and you should be fine.
m
l
March 2, 2011 3:43:45 PM

Onus said:
It is a common problem. Your default audio device got switched from whatever it was, to the HDMI output on the card. Go into Control Panel and switch it back, and you should be fine.

Thank you that did the trick, went into control panel, audio & clicked set to default . Now I have the sound with new graphics card.
Much appreciate the help.
m
l
Related resources
a c 192 U Graphics card
March 2, 2011 8:48:24 PM

Good show! Have fun.
m
l
July 21, 2011 11:55:30 PM

Onus said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but how exactly do you do this? When I open the audio control panel all I see is this:

http://i.imgur.com/3nzUX.jpg
m
l
a c 192 U Graphics card
July 22, 2011 12:26:27 AM

Your system is no doubt different, so rather than attempting to resurrect and hijack this thread, I suspect you will get more useful answers by starting your own. Begin with a complete description of the problem, your system components, and what you have already tried.
m
l
!