Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Warranty

Last response: in CPUs
July 24, 2011 5:42:33 AM

i think i still have warranty on my cpu. i need replacement becuz i think its messing up my computer.
how do i get replacement with warranty?

More about : warranty

a c 138 à CPUs
July 24, 2011 6:09:55 AM

Send back .. Where did you bought it :) 
July 24, 2011 6:14:38 AM

henydiah said:
Send back .. Where did you bought it :) 

newegg..the thing is i know how to replace it but i didnt use my account to buy so i cant replace it
Related resources
a c 138 à CPUs
July 24, 2011 6:43:12 AM

Newegg has your purchase on file. You'd just
have to go log in to your account, go to
purchase history, and request an RMA. It'll go through some prompts on why you're returning it to decide if you need to be charged a restocking fee or whatever.

You can print your invoice off to send to the manufacturer if they need a receipt for warranty support. Good luck
a b à CPUs
July 24, 2011 3:38:01 PM

henydiah said:
Newegg has your purchase on file. You'd just
have to go log in to your account, go to
purchase history, and request an RMA. It'll go through some prompts on why you're returning it to decide if you need to be charged a restocking fee or whatever.

You can print your invoice off to send to the manufacturer if they need a receipt for warranty support. Good luck

I gotta say henydiah, your very consistent with your posts. Consistently wrong!

You cannot return a cpu to Newegg unless it's within 30 days. They do not charge you a restocking fee either, it would be a swap out for the same part, if it was within 30 days.

You can send it to Intel/AMD if it's within 3yrs and it's a retail cpu. Most OEM cpu's only have 90days-1yr, depending on whether you bought it from a certified reseller or not.

Chances are 99.5% that there is nothing wrong with your cpu though and you would just be wasting your time, and/or they would test it and just send it back to you and tell you there is nothing wrong with it.

Why don't you post your problems on a new thread and see if someone can help you diagnose the real issue.

Best solution

a c 448 à CPUs
July 24, 2011 4:23:04 PM

You need to contact Intel or AMD depending on which CPU you have.

As mentioned above, hopefully you bought the retail boxed version of the CPU to get the 3 year warranty. You will need to pay shipping charges to send your CPU to an AMD or Intel center and mostly likely you will also need to pay shipping charges for the replacement CPU.
November 30, 2011 12:03:55 AM

Best answer selected by lookerup.
!