Sign in with
Your question

Sli GTX 570 and GTX 260 conflicts?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2011 6:07:18 PM

Hello All,
So right now i am running sli gtx 570's powering one monitor, then i have my old gtx 260 powering my other two displays.

I did this because the only way i could get the sli advantages where to ran in surround, or turn off a monitor.

Since i use my computer for much more than just gaming (all though i do play a lot of high end games) it wasn't conducive for my needs to always be in surround. And switch between surround and 3 active monitors (ignoring the fact it turns off sli) wasn't very efficient.

I have yet to OC anything because i have to wait for better cooling, but im stil pulling P8600 in 3dmark11.

I was wondering if my setup is causing conflicts? I was playing starcraft 2 with a buddy whose running a single 6970, and he was pushing 130 fps and i was only at 110.

Any thoughts on the matter?

-Thanks

i7-950
sli gtx 570 and gtx 260
6gb corsair dominator ddr3
corsair professional 850w
asus rampage iii formula
x-25 intel ssd (boot)
WD 750 gb Black edition
a c 125 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 18, 2011 6:47:18 PM

I'm curious what's wrong with running surround all the time? Can't you just isolate whatever you want on extended desktop or something? (I've never done it, genuinely curious)

And if you turned off SLI then those FPS make sense in SC2.
m
l
February 18, 2011 7:02:59 PM

wolfram23 said:
I'm curious what's wrong with running surround all the time? Can't you just isolate whatever you want on extended desktop or something? (I've never done it, genuinely curious)

And if you turned off SLI then those FPS make sense in SC2.

The problem i have running surround all the time is, when you go to quickly put windows on different monitors. When you try blow up a webpage or something on one screen it will span all 3 of them. When you try to use windows snap feature, it takes up one whole monitor and half of another. there is only one start bar at the bottom, but it puts all the icons on the main monitor regardless of which window it has it open.

when you have surround activated, it treats all 3 monitors as one big monitor.

He is using a single 6970, so no crossfire. and i am using 2 gtx 570's in sli.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 5, 2012 9:55:04 AM

Thank you for the heads up, but how would it be om a single monitor if i would use the 260 as dedicated PhysX card?
m
l
April 16, 2012 1:43:18 AM

Ericane said:
Thank you for the heads up, but how would it be om a single monitor if i would use the 260 as dedicated PhysX card?

Hello,
Didn't expect to get an email notification on this post.

I had better results just with the two 570's in sli. When i added in the 260, it seems to hinder it more than helping. As to why, I have no idea.

Hope it helps.

-Terry
m
l
a c 195 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2012 2:37:16 AM

tdunlap0001 said:
Hello,
Didn't expect to get an email notification on this post.

I had better results just with the two 570's in sli. When i added in the 260, it seems to hinder it more than helping. As to why, I have no idea.

Hope it helps.

-Terry

Makes sense that using the GTX260 would make it slower. Its like having a sled dog race, with 2 professional dogs, and a shih tzu pulling the sled. Think of it that way.
m
l
April 23, 2012 11:27:45 PM

Deemo13 said:
Makes sense that using the GTX260 would make it slower. Its like having a sled dog race, with 2 professional dogs, and a shih tzu pulling the sled. Think of it that way.

LOL, In that context, yeah its makes perfect sense. :) 

Cheers
m
l
!