Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity 6 & Mitsubushi MDT421S LCD Monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2011 11:11:02 PM

Hi guys,

Long time lurker first time poster!

I've got some desperate need for some decent answers regarding Eyefinity 6.

I've (foolishly) accepted the task of building a Video wall on a budget for my office. My first thought was a ATI 5870 eyefinity 6 solution.

The solution I've come up with is 6x Mitsubushi MDT421S LCD Monitors (1920 x 1080p )

http://www.mitsubishi-presentations.com/products/monito...

Can I assume as these are Displayport monitors that this will be a simple plug and play setup once the drivers are configured to produce a 3x2 5760x2160 array?

As I understand it the size of the screen is not important - the resolution is(?); so could I use these monitors in a 5760x2160 3x2 arrray for decent video playback? The directors want a 'bells and whistles' TV wall that could be used for giving presentations to customers, if video playback would look good then this fits the bill exactly at a decent price.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Also anyone who has build a similar project if you could please assist with any advice then I would love you forever!

a b C Monitor
February 19, 2011 11:53:01 AM

yep, it should be a simple plug'n'play exercise with some eyefinity group managing.

Though with a 3x2 setup the total aspect ratio changes from the 'normal' 16:9 into a 24:9 (or 8:3), so normal full HD material will have black borders on the sides or stuff cut from the top and bottom to fill the group.

edit hmm checked the specs on those mitsus, and it doesn't look like it supports dp after all
"Computer/Video Input Support Mini D-Sub 15 pin, BNC (R,G,B,H,V), (PC/AV Common), HDMI, DVI-D"

edit2 though in the spec pdf it says it does, it has pictures too, so I guess you're good to go. :D 
!