Sign in with
Your question

My First Crossfire/SLI setup... Have some questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2011 11:50:15 PM

Alright so I have 2 Xfx 5870's running in Crossfire in my EVGA X58 Classified SLI Motherboard. Anyways, I have some questions:

1. I have my Cards literally touching because I installed the 2 gpu's on the top and middle slots instead of the top and bottom slots. So 1 card sits at 75 C and the other sits at 65 C. the 75C is the top card and its fan is blocked off. Now these are under load... I went to the Catalyst Control Center and under performance saw, Overdrive and all the fan settings you can select, however, they are all greyed out and I can't select anything. What can I do?

2. Also when running a Crossfire setup do I need to use TWO crossfire strips attachment things? I only have one connected right now so that is Why.
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2011 12:01:33 AM

click the lock to unlock the fan speeds in ccc, once you click the lock the greyed out areas should become available so you can increase the fan speeds or alternatively download msi afterburner and you can set a custom fan curve that suits your needs, its a way better tool than ccc, imo. One crossfire bridge is all you need
February 19, 2011 2:28:08 AM

jjb8675309 said:
click the lock to unlock the fan speeds in ccc, once you click the lock the greyed out areas should become available so you can increase the fan speeds or alternatively download msi afterburner and you can set a custom fan curve that suits your needs, its a way better tool than ccc, imo. One crossfire bridge is all you need

I dont see a lock anywhere on CCC is it in the side panel? also can msi speed up fans?
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2011 2:28:57 PM

yes msi can speed up fans like I said you can make a custom fan surve, the lock is in the amd overdrive settings in CC just click the lock to unlock, its that simple

"download msi afterburner and you can set a custom fan curve that suits your needs, its a way better tool than ccc, imo"

I already told you that msi afterburner is better anyways, what are you waiting for?
!