Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PIM for gameboy

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 8:15:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

is there such a monster ?


--


Woodzy
http://rtdos.com/forum

Gender Dissidents Webring
http://l.webring.com/hub?ring=thegenderdisside

More about : pim gameboy

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 10:13:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:15:09 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>is there such a monster ?
>--
>Woodzy

Two that I can think of...
An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 5:35:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

<no address on file (un-named user)> wrote in message
news:407cd646.9276107@news.net1.net...
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:15:09 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >is there such a monster ?
> >--
> >Woodzy
>
> Two that I can think of...
> An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.
>

You wouldn't happen to have titles for these would you ? can they be used
as diaries ? i'd like to find them on ebay.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 5:35:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

> > Two that I can think of...
> > An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.
>
> You wouldn't happen to have titles for these would you ? can they be used
> as diaries ? i'd like to find them on ebay.

How in the world would you do text entry on that?
Unless they have an external keyboard I can't imagine
how difficult it would be...

Chris
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 9:38:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:35:08 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
wrote:

><no address on file (un-named user)> wrote in message
>news:407cd646.9276107@news.net1.net...
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:15:09 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >is there such a monster ?
>> >--
>> >Woodzy
>>
>> Two that I can think of...
>> An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.
>>
>
>You wouldn't happen to have titles for these would you ? can they be used
>as diaries ? i'd like to find them on ebay.

One is called "Personal Organizer" by InfoGenius as one of their
"Productive Pak" products. The thing is not intended to collect much
data, it's more of a gimmic than a usefull cart. A cheap $18 Casio
Databank can store about as much data as this product.

The other is the Gameshark "SharkMX". The SharkMX requires
"activation" from Gameshark and they have discontinued the service and
you can no longer get an MX registered... so there's no way to access
the PIM functions. (I know this, I own one.)

As for keeping a diary, you will get very tired of trying to put any
meaningfull amount of info into a Gameboy, the interface is just not
designed to do that. Ask your friends and neighbors if they have an
old Palm 3 that they will give you... you will be surprized at the
number of those things that are just collecting dust out there.

Lastly, I highly recomend that if you are actually going to start
keeping a daily log of your thoughts that you do so using quality
paper and a perminant, waterproof pen. Ten, twenty, or thirty years
from now you will not be able to find a working Gameboy or Palm to
look at what you have written.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 1:23:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

> As for keeping a diary, you will get very tired of trying to put any
> meaningfull amount of info into a Gameboy, the interface is just not
> designed to do that. Ask your friends and neighbors if they have an
> old Palm 3 that they will give you... you will be surprized at the
> number of those things that are just collecting dust out there.

Totally agree. One of these units is going to be far easier
to use as far as getting data into the unit. I can't imagine how
cumbersome data entry would be on a Gameboy.

> Lastly, I highly recomend that if you are actually going to start
> keeping a daily log of your thoughts that you do so using quality
> paper and a perminant, waterproof pen. Ten, twenty, or thirty years
> from now you will not be able to find a working Gameboy or Palm to
> look at what you have written.

Well, yeah, sorta. With a palm it would be easy enough to
dump it on to a harddrive and have the file converted into
a simple text file though. As long as the person regularly
archived his notes to a computer in a common format it
would be easy enough to access them even without a palm.

Chris
!