http://l.webring.com/hub?ring=thegenderdisside
5 answers Last reply
More about gameboy

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:15:09 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >is there such a monster ?
    >--
    >Woodzy

    Two that I can think of...
    An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.

    <no address on file (un-named user)> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:15:09 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >is there such a monster ?
    > >--
    > >Woodzy
    >
    > Two that I can think of...
    > An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.

    You wouldn't happen to have titles for these would you ? can they be used
    as diaries ? i'd like to find them on ebay.

    > > Two that I can think of...
    > > An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.
    >
    > You wouldn't happen to have titles for these would you ? can they be used
    > as diaries ? i'd like to find them on ebay.

    How in the world would you do text entry on that?
    Unless they have an external keyboard I can't imagine
    how difficult it would be...

    Chris

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:35:08 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    ><no address on file (un-named user)> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:15:09 GMT, "*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >is there such a monster ?
    >> >--
    >> >Woodzy
    >>
    >> Two that I can think of...
    >> An old original Gameboy cart and there's one "inside" the SharkMX.
    >>

    >You wouldn't happen to have titles for these would you ? can they be used
    >as diaries ? i'd like to find them on ebay.

    One is called "Personal Organizer" by InfoGenius as one of their
    "Productive Pak" products. The thing is not intended to collect much
    data, it's more of a gimmic than a usefull cart. A cheap $18 Casio
    Databank can store about as much data as this product.

    The other is the Gameshark "SharkMX". The SharkMX requires
    "activation" from Gameshark and they have discontinued the service and
    you can no longer get an MX registered... so there's no way to access
    the PIM functions. (I know this, I own one.)

    As for keeping a diary, you will get very tired of trying to put any
    meaningfull amount of info into a Gameboy, the interface is just not
    designed to do that. Ask your friends and neighbors if they have an
    old Palm 3 that they will give you... you will be surprized at the
    number of those things that are just collecting dust out there.

    Lastly, I highly recomend that if you are actually going to start
    keeping a daily log of your thoughts that you do so using quality
    paper and a perminant, waterproof pen. Ten, twenty, or thirty years
    from now you will not be able to find a working Gameboy or Palm to
    look at what you have written.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > As for keeping a diary, you will get very tired of trying to put any
    > meaningfull amount of info into a Gameboy, the interface is just not
    > designed to do that. Ask your friends and neighbors if they have an
    > old Palm 3 that they will give you... you will be surprized at the
    > number of those things that are just collecting dust out there.

    Totally agree. One of these units is going to be far easier
    to use as far as getting data into the unit. I can't imagine how
    cumbersome data entry would be on a Gameboy.

    > Lastly, I highly recomend that if you are actually going to start
    > keeping a daily log of your thoughts that you do so using quality
    > paper and a perminant, waterproof pen. Ten, twenty, or thirty years
    > from now you will not be able to find a working Gameboy or Palm to
    > look at what you have written.

    Well, yeah, sorta. With a palm it would be easy enough to
    dump it on to a harddrive and have the file converted into
    a simple text file though. As long as the person regularly
    archived his notes to a computer in a common format it
    would be easy enough to access them even without a palm.

    Chris

Console Gaming PIM Gameboy Video Nintendo Games Monster Video Games