Terrible Customer Service

skurvy5

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Since purchasing my PC with CyberPower in August 28th 2009, I have experienced numerous problems.

Firstly, getting in contact with technical support is extremely difficult. Calling the number places you on hold for 30 minutes (Or longer), or you can leave a message which MIGHT get returned in 3-5 days (If you are lucky). If you happen to be working or otherwise busy when tech support calls you back, you have to call again and wait for 30 minutes (Or longer) or leave ANOTHER message which will probably not be returned. Sending emails is no better. It seems like you’d be lucky to get a response in a week, if any via email.

I understand that there are high call volumes, etc. but these wait times are ridiculous.

Secondly, I have had numerous problems with my PC since it’s purchase:

-Using the Online Configurator I selected “Corsair or Other Major Brand” for my RAM. I don’t know about you, but I don’t consider “V-Color” to be a major brand and this brand was installed in my PC

-RMA the motherboard 4 separate times (Once with CyberPower, 3 other times through ASUS since my 1 year warranty expired shortly before my problem reappeared)

-A “bad” CPU that I will now have to replace which will basically force me to purchase new motherboard, CPU, and RAM

I do understand that CyberPower PC can’t control the quality of the parts that manufacturers send, but having technical problems is frustrating enough when tech support is easy to talk to. When it takes you over a week to hear back from tech support on top of having a problem with your expensive machine, it becomes even more frustrating.

I really wish that I had looked at more reviews before buying my PC through CyberPower. I definitely would have not used CyberPower.

D

Deleted member 362816

Ok well talk to Danny Lee, if you allready havent if you have a majoy issue get ahold of the Better Business Buero - I have had my CP dekstop for about 3 months and i have had a few issues but they took care of it. Dont be afraid to get angry lol.

skurvy5

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
It seems to be completely hit or miss with this company. My roommate ordered a machine from CP a couple of weeks after me, and he has had exactly 0 problems. The question is...do you want to gamble 800+ on hoping you get a good rig from CP? Reading the CP customer feedback forums is absolutely scary. I wish I would have visited those forums before purchasing through CP.

D

Deleted member 362816

remeber that people that get a good one and are happy usaly dont leave feedback i know i didnt and about 30 other people who were happy. Your paying a premium for a service its expected to be good so why leave feedback when its expected, when i bought my 2011 dodge charger rt i didnt leave feedback because i expected it to be 100% flawless.

gsTex

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
If Cyberpower PC has a Customer Service department, then it's has to be the worst one in the country. I've purchased a couple of units from them, and overall, you do get the parts inside the box that you ordered. If there's a problem with it, then good luck. You will get an automatic reply to your CS email, afte that, nothing. Considering that if there's a part that needs to be replaced, the best you will need to replace it yourself, which is fine with me. But to get NO response from them at all is unacceptable. I don't see how a company stays in business with their lack of concern for their customers. I for one, will do my part to never repeat business with them again. There is enough competition out there that would enjoy having my business.

D

Deleted member 362816

I dont know what your issues are. I just had to rma my 2tb Hdd they sent me a new one before i sent back the old one and I didnt have to pay for it. Also I needed new sata hot swap boards for my 800d they gave me them free. I guess some people have issues but it seems to me its there own fault. Me and my family who have bought from them have never had a issue. Mabye its because we spent alot of money I really dont know lol. If your having this many issues talk to Danny Lee he usally can make things better.

TRENDING THREADS