heavy_metal

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I recently had 2 4870x2's in quad crossfire, and I was having issues, only to recently have the second card fail, one of the GPU's stopped working on it, so I took the card out, though the cards one GPU still works, but out of warranty. So I have been using one 4870x2 for a few days now without problem, but now when I play Need for Speed: Shift I get random computer crashes. I ran the card on Fur Mark for quite a while, with prime 95 stressing my CPU so I have full load. I ran that for over an hour with absolutely no problems, so I figured my GPU is still ok and that my power supply can handle my system still. I am wondering if this could be a Driver issue between my card and Shift or if someone has any other ideas on what it could be. Seems to only happen on Shift I can play COD4, COD BO, BFBC2 and BLUR without issue.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.7ghz
GPU:Sapphire HD 4870x2
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P6T DELUXE
POWER: Corsair 850TX 850 Watt
MEMORY: 6GB G. Skill
OS DRIVE: 30GB OCZ Vertex
GAMES DRIVE: 1 TB Western Digital Black Caviler
CASE: Cooler Master HAF X

If you need any more info please ask.

Any opinions are welcome, I just want to know why I keep having issues.

heavy_metal

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Not sure what the problem exactly was, but I cracked open my computer today and changed every hard drives sata port, flipped my psu just so I could be sure it was getting enough air, added a fan to blow air at my video card, and I used the supplied 8 pin adapter for the 8pin power, instead of the 6+2 pin from the power supply. I have been able to play Black Ops and shift for about 6 hours now and everything has been smooth, seems to be fixed not sure which thing fixed it but something helped.