Asus Rampage IV Formula DRAM LED, AF, 60, No boot or Bios.

G

Hello,

Just assemled my new pc, but its not working. The power works, but i keep having the DRAM RED flash red and its not booting.

I work at a computershop where my job is to build pcs, so i eliminated every possible thing that cudve gone wrong.

Checked RAM, cpu socket/pins, powercables, tried 1 ram module etc but cant get it to work.

I cant think of anything but the mobo having a defect... or the CPU.. highly doubt the CPU tho.

Specs ':

i7 3820
rampage IV formula
16gb ddr3 corsair dominator gt 2133
60gb intel ssd

Anyone else knows what the prob is?

G

The ram works fine, tried it in other pcs, also tried other ram in my kit.. but still get the dram light.. im quessing the mobo doesnt function properly or the cpu isnt supported by default... but a bios update via de ROG connect port didnt work either.

vincent911

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hello,

Just assemled my new pc, but its not working. The power works, but i keep having the DRAM RED flash red and its not booting.

I work at a computershop where my job is to build pcs, so i eliminated every possible thing that cudve gone wrong.

Checked RAM, cpu socket/pins, powercables, tried 1 ram module etc but cant get it to work.

I cant think of anything but the mobo having a defect... or the CPU.. highly doubt the CPU tho.

Specs ':

i7 3820
rampage IV formula
16gb ddr3 corsair dominator gt 2133
60gb intel ssd

Anyone else knows what the prob is?

on Manual page 2-2 #15 Go Button (details on page 2-13)
try it.

i had the same problem with DRAM LED on and won't boot.

i press Go button and reboot a few times.

i worked for 4 weeks now

good luck

Use BIOS 1202 and properly run the USB BIOS Flashback - http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

I have (2) sets of Flash Drives, one for installing the OS and one for just BIOS. Reformat the Flash Drive FAT32 with no partitions. You must extract and rename the ROM file to --- R4F.ROM --- only the White USB 2.0 port works.

per ASUS
Note:
Do not unplug the portable storage device, power the system down, or press the CLR_CMOS button while BIOS updating is ongoing, or the update will be interrupted. In case of interruption, follow the recommended procedures again to complete the BIOS update.
If the light flashes for five seconds and turns stable, USB BIOS Flashback is not operating properly. This may be caused by improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats. If this is the case, restart the system until the light clears, and check the file name and format.
BIOS updates may affect a PC in various ways. Should any issues with the BIOS arise as a result or your system is unable to boot, please contact your local ASUS support center for further assistance.

Zain123

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

The common denominator seems to be the combination of the Rampage 4 and the 3820 Cpu.

Been able to solve it?

Gemina

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

:fou: I have strictly the same problem :

Rampage 4 formula + 3820 CPU + 4x4 DDR3 gskill ripjaws Z (1600mz) + gtx680 msi.

PC does not boot, I have not bios boot, I just have code AF + Dram red led lightning continuously...

I dont know what to do. help guys !

Gemina

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
:D OK, I found a solution. I have read many times that it would be a problem of bios. Many guys have made a bios update, and have no more trouble.

After several trials, I succesfully boot the mobo with only 1 then 2 Dram. as I put 3 or the 4 Dram, I had automatically the AF debug code, and no boot.

But it was still unable to install windows, as it crashed few minutes (3 or 4) after booting.

THEN...desperated, I tried a last time to use the white USB port, to flash the bios by using the rog connect button. (I had already tried this 12 or 15 times unsuccesfully...as nothing happened !!!) AND, I really dont know why, this last time, it started blinking and made the bios update. Now, I have tried 5 or 6 boot, all passed !

It seems really that the ASUS rampage formula 4 has a trouble using a i7-3820. It needs a bios update to be OK...

hope it will help you... :)

(sorry for the mistakes, as I am french :??: )

jordey7777

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I have the same problem have tried another cpu and another ramkit and gpu and power suply but I still have the same problem and do not know how to fix it please help me my name jordey1997 on skype

specs
1000w power suply
asus rampage iv gene
intel i7 3820
32 gigabytes ramkit
asus gpu

jordey7777

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
what for bios shaul u use for my motherboard i have the same problem i have an intel i7 3820 and a asus ramage iv gene help please