Recommendation for Sound Card

reqhjack24

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Too much struggle. Just to play Black Ops with no stutter on my 4.5 year old dell.

Today, I disabled my sound card and tried playing Black Ops.
The STUTTERING IS GONE!!!

People told me I needed to change to 16 bit, 40000KHz? Hz? GHz? or something I don't know.

Though I still play in the 30's and up fps, the game is SO MUCH SMOOTHER!!

anyway. playing with no sound is still boring.

Just to fix the stupid stutter, I was thinking about buying a whole new computer, but I guess I'll just stick with replacing a sound card.

For Black Ops people out there, pleaese tell me what bit and hertz I need to set my sound card to in order to play black ops fine.

Also, I need to buy a new sound card since mine is Sigmatel (what the crap is this?)

Please recommend a sound card that won't cause ANY stuttering on Black Ops.

Thx

^^Uhh...no. Totally obsolete. For a cheap option, I recommend the ASUS Xonar DS. [The DX is more capable, but I wouldn't sink too much money into such an old PC]

Odds are, one of two things are causing your PC to slow down:

1: Bad soundcard drivers
2: Weak CPU

In any case, getting a soundcard will NOT help if its the 2nd, because sound isn't HW accelerated. So it won't help any. System specs would help a bit...

reqhjack24

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
well. i've already decided NOT to upgrade anything else because of my budget.
i DO have a low fps. but its playable without sound. however, i want to keep this gameplay WITH sound so i thought about upgrading my sound card.

any card recommended for Black Ops? i heard black ops had some issues with sound cards as well.

P.S. i can only get to best buy. no where else. no online.