HIS 6870 or XFX 6870

Fullmetalx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I dont know which version to get. The HIS 6870 is cheaper but the xfx warranty sounds really good? Do either of the companies have a better build quality? Does one of them last longer and runs quieter? Ultimately if I am going to buy something over $200 I want it to last for at least 4 years.

Ive read through the forums and I read that HIS cards do run a bit cooler but they only have a 1 year warranty. However the warranty for XFX is either a hit or miss because many people were not able to get a new card after RMAing XFX.

So which version would you guys get?

I have the HIS .
The card uses the AMD reference cooler and its quiet at idle and temps are fine under load

XFX have 4 versions of the 6870 . Two of them look like theyre the reference card . One of those is overclocked .
These are identical to the HIS , but with a different sticker

XFX also make another version with two fans . Also comes at stock speed and overclocked . Maybe its cooler , maybe its quieter , but it doest blow all the air out of the case .

Id buy the cheapest one .

just go with the card that suits u better, usually the cheaper version is the one to get, but somethimes for 10$ more u can get factory pre-overclocked versions with better cooling, it all depends if ur willing to spend the difference, or not , cheers