Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Motherboard DH55TC importance

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 7, 2012 8:02:46 AM

:hello: 
I am from very long time wandering that
Why the shop-keepers/vendors/some experts say that don't change your existing Motherboard DH55TC ?

The only reply which i get from them is it really has a pretty well class components fitting of this mobo and won't get a better one like this.Even some of them are ready to buy it from me at a double price.

I really want to get an idea that why are they so keen of getting a socket 1156 Intel mobo which has been from pretty long time or may be now out of manufacturing.

Which components really matters for the mobo to be of standard or rich class?

I am hoping that you will get an idea about my problem.
April 7, 2012 9:31:49 AM

aviral said:
:hello: 
I am from very long time wandering that
Why the shop-keepers/vendors/some experts say that don't change your existing Motherboard DH55TC ?

The only reply which i get from them is it really has a pretty well class components fitting of this mobo and won't get a better one like this.Even some of them are ready to buy it from me at a double price.

I really want to get an idea that why are they so keen of getting a socket 1156 Intel mobo which has been from pretty long time or may be now out of manufacturing.

Which components really matters for the mobo to be of standard or rich class?

I am hoping that you will get an idea about my problem.


hey aviral!
i also have the same mobo and cpu. The quality of parts is avarage.You are facing a strange but good situation :) .
If you want sata 3 and usb 3.0 , and if people are ready to buy it at double price(withouth the cpu i guess :p  ), then sell it ASAP ,before they change their mind and buy a nice Asus 1156 mobo with sli and better overclocking potential. There are even few Asus 1156 boards with usb 3.0 and sata 3 with some add on cards. BUY one of those.
You can get one at around Rs 10000-11000
just sell the dh55tc and buy a decent asus board.
and also give me the contacts of buyers who want to buy the mobo :lol: 

btw i am from india.

hope it hepls.. :) 
m
0
l
April 7, 2012 1:57:53 PM

p_bug said:

and also give me the contacts of buyers who want to buy the mobo

The local shop-keeper was saying about few months ago now he is out of the country for 2-3 months so he won't receive calls because he is on business trip.

Any Specific 1156 mobo recommendation of model?

I don't find problem by using this mobo so sticking to this mobo is not at all a bad plan.

I would just like to ask that what are your multiplier and voltage you are using for overclocking it to 4Ghz.I am also planing to overclock when I buy a new standard PSU after this month.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 9, 2012 8:54:13 AM

aviral said:
The local shop-keeper was saying about few months ago now he is out of the country for 2-3 months so he won't receive calls because he is on business trip.

Any Specific 1156 mobo recommendation of model?

I don't find problem by using this mobo so sticking to this mobo is not at all a bad plan.

I would just like to ask that what are your multiplier and voltage you are using for overclocking it to 4Ghz.I am also planing to overclock when I buy a new standard PSU after this month.


okay.
The recommended models are
Asus p7p55d pro(sli and crossfirex support)
Asus p7p55d e (usb 3.0 and sata 3 , crossfirex support)
just go to Asus india website and check out the p55 boards under 1156 and find the one that suits you best.
Now,about the overclock
Sadly dh55tc neither allows me to change the voltage nor the cpu multiplier, you can only change the base clock and memory multiplier.

I have got the base clock at 167(default 133) and the memory multiplier at 8, so that my ram runs at 167x8=1336(default 1333) and i have turbo boost enabled. So in single threaded apps it runs at 4 Ghz and in games like bf3 which use all the cores equally , all the cores run at 3.66 Ghz.

One more thing, it's quite hot right now so i won't advise you to overclock without an aftermarket heat-sink . If you really want to overclock then get cooler master hyper 212 evo. It has the best price to performance.

btw what psu do you have ?
m
0
l
April 9, 2012 1:40:48 PM

p_bug said:


One more thing, it's quite hot right now so i won't advise you to overclock without an aftermarket heat-sink . If you really want to overclock then get cooler master hyper 212 evo. It has the best price to performance.

btw what psu do you have ?


Okay.

I will be buying Corsair H100 liquid cooler instead of any air cooler.The reason is that they are really great for handling the heat of processor though they cost a more.

Right now i am using Local Brand PSU 450w(which is inefficient for overclocking) but I will be buying a Corsair 850wAX model by the end of this month (when my exams get over).

I would like to get an advice that will 850w will be fine while using EVGA GTX 680 Super-clocked 2GB as well as 9800GT 1GB as physx card with my processors overclocked to 4GHz with at least 4-5 inlet & outlet chassis fans and other necessary components of system.
m
0
l

Best solution

April 11, 2012 7:19:08 AM

aviral said:
Okay.

I would like to get an advice that will 850w will be fine while using EVGA GTX 680 Super-clocked 2GB as well as 9800GT 1GB as physx card with my processors overclocked to 4GHz with at least 4-5 inlet & outlet chassis fans and other necessary components of system.


Just make sure you have enough room in your case to mount the radiator and dual 120 mm fans.


Also the 850 watt power suply will be more than sufficient.The power requirement are as follows

gtx 680(i assume you didn't mean 580) = 195 watt max
gt 9800 = 105 watt max
total = 300 watt max for the graphics

the tdp of processor = 95 watt + 25-30 watt max if you overclock(if you increase the voltage which is not possible using dh55tc)
so just 95 watt


that makes a total arnd 400 watt for cpu + gpu

so a 850 watt psu has enough power to run your system.

you can calculate your power requirements using psu power calculator like this
http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/

if gtx 680 is not there just add 195 watts to the final result.
Share
April 11, 2012 2:35:40 PM

p_bug said:

so a 850 watt psu has enough power to run your system.

you can calculate your power requirements using psu power calculator like this
http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/

Yes,I will be using EVGA GTX680 Superclocked + Zotac 9800GT 1GB(physx card).

Will it be a good option of getting a pciex8 to pciex16 converter to place my 9800GT for physx or not?

Thanks for your help and you were correct that with 850w I will be having additional enough power for my system.

I calculated the watts by your link meter and found out that it will require :wahoo:  554w.
m
0
l
April 12, 2012 8:34:01 AM

aviral said:

Will it be a good option of getting a pciex8 to pciex16 converter to place my 9800GT for physx or not?


Are you planning to use those cards on dh55tc?
Dh55tc has only 1 pcie slot,so you won't be able to use the 9800 gt as physx. :??:  You can use only 1 graphics card on that mobo.

The other slot is pci not pcie .

I would suggest using the 9800 gt alone for some time , till the price of gtx 680 comes down.

After that sell the 9800 gt on ebay because only few games support physx.
Moreover, the small performance boost in the few physx supported games at the cost of extra heat ,noise and power consumption(don't forget the bills :non:  ) does not warrant the use of a dedicated physx gpu , even more so when your mobo doesn't support it, and you will have to get a new sli mobo for just having the option of doing it.

The 680 can handle the physx part easily,so don't bother too much about using a dedicated physx gpu.

From where are you planning to purchase the 680 and at what price ?
m
0
l
April 12, 2012 1:39:14 PM

p_bug said:


From where are you planning to purchase the 680 and at what price ?


I am importing it from America by next month (by relative) and the price is Rs.36k approx. :wahoo: 

If you go with the local vendors then it will cost you at least Rs.15k-20k on the above price.

I don't think so that 36k is pretty huge among for this card.
m
0
l
April 12, 2012 2:57:02 PM

what about the " you can't use 2 graphics cards on dh55tc " part ?
m
0
l
April 12, 2012 6:12:40 PM

p_bug said:
what about the " you can't use 2 graphics cards on dh55tc " part ?


Actually I thought on your post and really felt like using one 680 card will be enough for me and would sell 9800GT or keep it as backup .
m
0
l
April 12, 2012 9:12:14 PM

aviral said:
Actually I thought on your post and really felt like using one 680 card will be enough for me and would sell 9800GT or keep it as backup .


Yes I would advise you to keep it as a backup,as our cpu doesn't support on-board graphics.
m
0
l
April 13, 2012 4:28:16 AM

p_bug said:
Yes I would advise you to keep it as a backup,as our cpu doesn't support on-board graphics.


That's 100% true and a reason for backup.
m
0
l
April 15, 2012 4:40:43 AM

Best answer selected by Aviral.
m
0
l
!