Asrock Extreme6/GB PCI lanes question

Hello everyone, my first time posting :)

So anyway, I would like to ask about the Asrock Extreme6/GB PCI lanes.

I have an NVidia GFX card that Im planning to SLi once I upgrade to a LGA2011 Motherboard, and looking at Asrock Extreme6/GB I notice that the specs show that I'll only be able to use 3 PCI e lanes, with a x16/x16/x8 configuration.

Now my knowledge is very limited on this subject, but I did want to ask what does that mean for me?

Along with those two Nvidia GPUs I have a Creative sound-card, and video capture-card that I use to capture my console game footage. Both the sound-card and the capture-card use PCi express lanes, x1 I believe.

So my question is, will I be able to have an SLi setup, while still retain use of my sound and capture cards on this motherboard?

Thank you in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about asrock extreme6 lanes question
  1. It depends on the size of your GFX cards. If they are two slot card you will probabley have room for all of your andd in cards.

PCIe 16 X 16 means that you have 16 lanes of PCIe bandwidth available to each card. This is high bandwidth and not used unledd you have multiple monitors. 8 X 8 will saturate a single monitor at 1080p.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock PCI Motherboards