ASUS P8P67 Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk18

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Hi..recently I just built a new system. Prior, had an i5. (older model) I now have an intel core i7 2600k, ASUS P8P67 (Deluxe), WD 1TB HHD, 1000w Seasonic, graphics 4670 for monitor, but took out the 580 GTX because it got very hot and I need to use another case with better cooling. Anyway by just using the computer normally for emails online browsing etc., is not fast like I thought it would be. The old i5 was faster. Can it be I need to go into advanced bios to make configurations? I did try once and my saved settings made it where I could not boot to windows. So I went back in to set defaults and now I'm ok. But I was wondering if theres any setting to make this i7 faster? Any suggestions, I would really appreciate..Thx Pk :??:

Trust me, the i7 is MUCH faster than your old i5.

You wouldn't notice the difference between a Celeron and a i7-2600 in internet and email because the cpu only uses about 1% of it's resources for that, so if it's slow then it's your internet connection.

Did you do a fresh Windows install when you replaced your motherboard?

pk18

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Yes I had a SSD (OCZ 120GB, but I took it out before I reinstalled windows again. Because at the time I had lots of issues with BSOD. Didn't now what to do. I removed the GTX 580 and redid the memory, one mod at a time. Finally I figured out that it was the TPU switch was on and caused this. I'm still waiting to get a better case for the 580. So, you think I should put back the SSD?

pk18

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I'm confused bc I had BSOD for a week now and a simple switch off seemed to stop it. But before that I had to try millions of tests and in the mean time I totally forgot about the SSD

pk18

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Okay the SSD is in and on the downloads page it says this:

*CURRENT FIRMWARE RELEASE is v2.15

Updating the firmware from the toolbox is not supported when Windows is running off the drive you are trying to update.

-Toolbox will not update a primary system drive (e.g. drive letter "C:"). You must run Windows from another drive and then update your SSD using Toolbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.