Sign in with
Your question

No audio sound

Last response: in Components
July 25, 2011 11:06:30 AM

Hello,
need to resolve my problem.
No audio sound after upgrade my graphic card (old graphic GT 850 to GTX 550- gigabyte)

More about : audio sound

July 25, 2011 1:47:21 PM

Install updated drivers and then check your motherboard connection for audio. Does the sound come back when you reinstall the GT 850?
m
l
July 30, 2011 3:27:40 PM

Engima said:
Install updated drivers and then check your motherboard connection for audio. Does the sound come back when you reinstall the GT 850?

I've already update my driver but still no sound......anyway when i replaced the graphic card. i saw a cable which need to unplug & i believe it was a connection for the audio.But this new graphic card was build in sound card.So i'm a bit confused about it.What shall i do next? FYI, my old graphic card was damage before,so i better not to used it anymore

m
l
Related resources
July 30, 2011 3:35:24 PM

Try re conect the cable your talking about if it fails you may need to use a Usb sound card.
m
l
July 30, 2011 3:48:57 PM

Thanks Se7en123,
But the new graphic card dont have any slot or plug to plug it in.What i was told thats this new graphic card have its own sound card(built in).That why im a bit confused about it...
m
l
July 31, 2011 12:17:58 PM

Does your motherboard have sound ports via the I/O panel? From the pictures I saw of the Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti it doesn't have sound jacks for you to plug in an audio cable.
m
l
July 31, 2011 3:48:47 PM

Thanks Engima,
Yeahhh..you're right...MY GTX550 doesn't have any sound jack to plug it in.
The I/O cable from speaker already plug it in....
Don't know what to do now?
m
l
July 31, 2011 10:04:10 PM

Check to make sure you have some type of audio software installed; Windows should automatically have something like that. After that, go into Control Panel > Sound > Manage audio devices. It may be different for you if you have a different OS than windows 7.
m
l
!