Does Asus honor their rebates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefcll

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Asus is the one responsible for the rebate. They do NOT honor their rebates. I've bought 2 asus products, one from newegg.com and one from JR.com and both got rejected. They suck and if you want to buy asus products do not expect to get the rebate.

coffeecoffee

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

Hello gamei56,

I have only done two Asus rebates to date; monitor and motherboard. Both worked out. The only thing to keep in mind when doing rebates is to follow instructions down to the letter, no joke. I've had 12/13 successful rebates in the past year alone. It's very rare for major companies to not honor their rebates when you follow instructions accordingly.

Warmest Regards,

Coffee~

joey301

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

SCE

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014

I have to agree that the rebate program at ASUS seems very nearly fraudulent. I have been struggling for months trying to get ASUS to honor rebates on two products.

On one product they declined because the online receipt from B&H did not include the word "Invoice." Even though the rebate submission form clearly indicates "Receipt/Invoice or Packing List", apparently a online order receipt is not adequate in their view. So I was able to get a new receipt from B&H that included the word invoice and resubmitted the rebate request as directed by ASUS. Then they declined because the resubmission did not include the original UPC. Of course it didn't, because there can only be one original UPC, and it was submitted with the original rebate request! It took three telephone calls to get this issue resolved. ASUS has finally approved my rebate request for this product, but it remains to be seen whether I will actually receive the rebate.

Admittedly, the problem with the second product rebate started out with my error, as I neglected to sign the rebate form. So, following directions from ASUS, I resubmitted a signed form. Next, they declined because the resubmission did not include the original UPC. Same problem as above; the original UPC was included in the original submission. It took two telephone calls and two weeks to get that resolved. Just yesterday they again declined because the online receipt I received from Newegg did not include the word "Invoice", even though they accepted that receipt initially following my original submission. It seems like they keep looking for reasons why to decline. So I called again yesterday, and I'm waiting to see whether they will finally approve the rebate request for this product.

I'm about ready to contact the NY State Attorney General. From the numerous complaints I have seen online, it is time for the whole rebate system to receive some legal scrutiny! The system seems designed to screw the consumer.

Boneo

Reputable
May 6, 2014

My motherboard rebate was declined because I sent in the order confirmation email showing "Order Summary". When I called them and they said it was not a "Order Receipt". Egghead email's billing information showed it was paid with Paypal. I guess document has to have the word "Receipt"...

DesertDude

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
It does seem to be impossible to get a rebate from ASUS. I submitted my rebate application for a computer purchased from Newegg on March 19, and mailed the documentation the next day. I then got a rejection Email. When I called, they seemed very confused and claimed that someone else had submitted a rebate with the same number, in spite of the fact that ASUS assigns the number. They promised a confirmation Email and that I would receive the rebate in six weeks.

Six weeks later, no rebate, no Email. Another call, another promise in six weeks.

Six more weeks later. Yet another call. This time they did send a confirmation Email. Again promised the rebate in 5-7 weeks. Refused to expedite the payment. Absolutely did not instill confidence. I used to recommend ASUS, but I think their rebates are, at best, false advertising, at worst, outright fraud.

Tilly75

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Well after 5 years, I am upgrading my 2 PCs. I have always used ASUS products. My list of components for my new PCs are mostly all ASUS. I was even looking at a new ASUS $1,200 laptop.
NOW I AM RECONSIDERING!!!
I just received my Rebate Rejection email from ASUS. Stating "missing-Original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label"
DUH!! I cut the UPC off the box and taped it to the invoice.
When I clicked on their Rebate Status "7/11/2014 Documentation Received" it pulled up a PDF scan of my rebate form. Right there in plain sight was my UPC Bar Code taped to the invoice.
Clearly a STALLING TECHNIQUE. ASUS's Rebate center in El Paso Texas needs to have some investigation.
ASUS, If you are reading this. You just lost $4,000 of new business!!

stevefrost

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
I can confirm that ASUS is a PITA when trying to get your rebates. I recently tried to get a couple rebates on a pair of monitors purchased and they gave me the same rigamarole. Very, very poor customer service and every person I spoke to via email and phone was not helpful and very rude.

Such a shame for a company that makes good products. ASUS, your rebate center sucks.

I Cy

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

Purchased ASUS router from FRY's in July, submitted all the copies with the rebate form on the date (07/25/2014) of purchase. Still fighting on the phone with the company's bureaucracy.. The latest is :"Sir please resubmit the rebate form, but we do not guaranty anything".

Status
Not open for further replies.