Motherboard suggestion please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use:
Internet browsing, email, streaming video

Need a motherboard that has an empty graphics card slot just in case.

2 memory slots is fine.

AMD or Intel, doesn't matter.

Highest quality at lowest price please. Price takes an edge over bells and whistles.

ATX or micro is fine.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Since you just need a general-purpose set-up, I would just do some price checking where you are at and pick out 3 or 4 motherboard/cpu combinations you would be interested in for us to give our opinion as to which we believe would be best. I would recommened staying with well known motherboard manufacturers such as Asus, MSI, Gigabyte or possibly AsRock.....depending on what you have available there. Also....many outlets here in the USA have motherboard/cpu bundles, so possibly your outlets over there will as well...... which might save you a few dollars (or yen). If the prices aren't too high for you, I would recommend looking at AM3+ mobo's/cpu's if you are going the AMD route or socket 1155 or 2011 if you can find Intel mobo's/cpu's...
I guess I could have explained better. AMD / Intel doesn't really matter to me, and I'd appreciate input on that as well.

I'm out of the loop. A few years back, AMD was the cheaper alternative (bang for buck) for those who just browse the web. Assuming that is still the case, I'm looking for an AMD motherboard (unless the concensus is that Intel is a better choice).

So the build is for browsing internet / mail, nothing more.
AMD board
AMD processor recommendation

changing one thing, don't need the PCI-e graphics slot. He will never play a game, so prefer integrated graphics.

ATX or Micro, either will fit.

Looking for high quality MB without bells/whistes. Just solid basics.

Thanks in advance!

animal

Distinguished
Generally speaking, imho, going with an AMD setup would be cheaper than Intel. But more info is necessary to be able to make specific recommendations. If you already have a cpu and memory you are planning on using, what type are they? If not, are you planning on purchasing them at the same time as the mobo? Also, since you are looking for an empty graphics card slot, I assume you would be wanting a mobo with onboard graphics until you acquire an add-on GPU? (or do you already have one?) Additionally, are you located in the USA or elsewhere? This and any additional info you can provide would make it easier to give suggestions!

Thanks animal.

It's a new build, except the case (full tower). I'm fine for picking out ram / hdd etc. Just need mobo/cpu combo suggestion.

yes, integrated graphics (changed, dont' need empty graphics slot, onboard is fine)

Located in Japan, but can get anything suggested here.

Appreciate any input you can offer

animal

Distinguished
Since you just need a general-purpose set-up, I would just do some price checking where you are at and pick out 3 or 4 motherboard/cpu combinations you would be interested in for us to give our opinion as to which we believe would be best. I would recommened staying with well known motherboard manufacturers such as Asus, MSI, Gigabyte or possibly AsRock.....depending on what you have available there. Also....many outlets here in the USA have motherboard/cpu bundles, so possibly your outlets over there will as well...... which might save you a few dollars (or yen). If the prices aren't too high for you, I would recommend looking at AM3+ mobo's/cpu's if you are going the AMD route or socket 1155 or 2011 if you can find Intel mobo's/cpu's in your price range. However, I am looking at semi-future proof, you may want to consider something a little older if you can find them at a better price. Good luck in your endeaver and hope this helps you. Will keep my eye on this thread to give follow-up.

Solution

animal

Distinguished
the motherboard you listed has no onboard graphics capability, it would require adding a graphics card.........and in terms of memory, 4 GB would probably suffice for his needs unless you are getting a good deal on the 8 GB set. Also, the processor you chose is capable of being overclocked.....unless he plans on oc'ing, it might be overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.