ysucuttcrxzxfaaa
Sign in with
Your question

ANTEC 620 h2o Overheating and Fan does not work!

Tags:
  • Antec
  • Fan
  • CPUs
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 25, 2011 4:40:11 PM

Hello I need urgent advice. currently installed the ANTEC 620 liquid cooler to my pc. I have a p8p67 motherboard (1155) and an i7 2600 intel CPU. I installed everything correctly to the (TERRIBLE Manual) provided. I have 2 connectors and 1 receiver. I plugged in the 3 pin to the pump from the fan. and I plugged the 3 pin from the pump to the 3 pin on top of MB called cpu-fan.

The thermal paste was already applied so I put straight on the CPU bracket and locked it in tight! I do not think that is the problem here. Everything is screwed in tightly. When I turn it on. BIOS random message Hard Drive not detected (when it is when I load it up.) And CPU Fan error/Overclocking error appear as errors before I can proceed to Windows 7.

I went on BIOS and fan is not detected and the tempreture of CPU is a whopping 97c horrible feeling knowing it is that high!
WHAT could be wrong here I have done everything to the book? why do things never go straight forward?

More about : antec 620 h2o overheating fan work

July 25, 2011 5:46:41 PM

shaunmstone said:
Hello I need urgent advice. currently installed the ANTEC 620 liquid cooler to my pc. I have a p8p67 motherboard (1155) and an i7 2600 intel CPU. I installed everything correctly to the (TERRIBLE Manual) provided. I have 2 connectors and 1 receiver. I plugged in the 3 pin to the pump from the fan. and I plugged the 3 pin from the pump to the 3 pin on top of MB called cpu-fan.

The thermal paste was already applied so I put straight on the CPU bracket and locked it in tight! I do not think that is the problem here. Everything is screwed in tightly. When I turn it on. BIOS random message Hard Drive not detected (when it is when I load it up.) And CPU Fan error/Overclocking error appear as errors before I can proceed to Windows 7.

I went on BIOS and fan is not detected and the tempreture of CPU is a whopping 97c horrible feeling knowing it is that high!
WHAT could be wrong here I have done everything to the book? why do things never go straight forward?

Ahhh I see now. Instead of putting the 3 pin connection on the cpu_fan slot i attached it to the PWR_Fan slot and now i can hear it washing awaay! let this be a lesson to anyone who has this major problem. its as easy as swapping the 3 pin to the other.
August 13, 2011 10:10:34 PM

I have the same cooler and a p8p67 motherboard with an i5 2500k. I had no problems with mine. Seems strange the CPU fan pins didn't work. How do you regulate fan speed? P.s. Just posted 2 questions on this cooler in a new topic? Do you have any answers?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 13, 2011 11:53:37 PM

I can just regulate fan speed via the PWR fan on the BIOS. cannot remember the name they use specifically but it works none the less. did urs work on cpu fan pin then?
August 14, 2011 8:01:20 AM

Cheers. It worked brilliantly. You can't hear anything in my cosmos 1000 when idle and as fan speed increases you can just start to hear it when my computer around reaches 70% load. Only had it for a few days yet, however I am amazed by how silent my rig setup is when not overclocked. Still getting everything just the way I want it before I do a light overclock on it.

Ps did your radiator have any slight imperfections on it ie a few of the thin metal strands deformed or clumped together?
March 22, 2013 5:10:02 PM

shaunmstone said:
shaunmstone said:

Ahhh I see now. Instead of putting the 3 pin connection on the cpu_fan slot i attached it to the PWR_Fan slot and now i can hear it washing awaay! let this be a lesson to anyone who has this major problem. its as easy as swapping the 3 pin to the other.

You saved my day, thanks a lot !
!