travismontana

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
Ok I know this is old but my sons computer is a p4 2.5 with 1 gig memory dvd player and burner. he had an old agp card the mmx440 64 mb agp x4. got him the HD2400 pro OC, now when i PUT the old driver in that came with it it runs games fine but when you go on youtube.com it freezes and shuts down or the blue screen comes on. now when I put in the 11.2 driver from amd, the ccc wont load saying package error, but the rest of the driver is fine, now when I do this its in reverse youtube plays but the games do the blue screen of death or restarts the computer, now I know I saw that the card needs a 270 power supply and they have an old style case with one of those tiny side power supplys and no cut outs on top to put in the new power supply and I believe the one in the case is only 180 watts, can you or anyone tell me why this is happening? or is it the power supply and the old driver configures for the games and the new driver does it for videos.

WHen you downloaded the new driver did you download the ones for the HD2xxx series or the ones for all HD radeon series AGP cards in the drop down box ?? --most newer drivers are made for PCI-e cards and the newer AGP cards actually use an AGP to PCI-e adapter so the drivers see them as PCI-e cards and not AGP so you need the drivers specifically for AGP cards in order for them to work properly - so in the drop down select all HD radeon series AGP when downloading the drivers from ATI site.