Is corsair vengeance compatible with lga 1155 i5 2500k ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

persona

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
hello i have bought the wrong type of memory which was a g skill RAM that was only designed for 1156 socket so now i'm looking for new ram sticks, is the Corsair vengeance 8 GB ram with 1600Mhz compatible with z68 motherboards such as an ASrock extreme3 gen3 and is it also compatible i5 2500k with LGA 1155 socket ?

Solution
Yes it is compatible, it just mean that the RAM was not certified(Corsair didn't pay for the cert. process). It was also released after the mobo was. And nobody has all the RAM certified, as they make too many to list them all :))
I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers...
Yes it is compatible, it just mean that the RAM was not certified(Corsair didn't pay for the cert. process). It was also released after the mobo was. And nobody has all the RAM certified, as they make too many to list them all :))
I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
20-233-186-TS

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.