NVidia 580GTX SLI Bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgeireyes

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Hello:

Will a Sandy Bridge 2600K bottleneck with my current setup? I'm still waiting for the FIXED SB to go on shelves and the motherboards but I'm somewhat cautious as to the bottleneck that my setup could make. I run a lot of old games as well as new. My system is currently at standby due to the recall. Obviously I'm planning on overclocking at 5.0Ghz on that CPU when I get my hands on it. Would 2 580GTX's in SLI bottleneck the CPU?

2 PNY XR8 580 GTX nVidia GeForce Cards
1200 Corsair Gold 80+ Power Supply
LG 12X Blu-ray/ DVD RW Drive
HP DVDRW 24X
Full ATX Tower
Corsair H70 Liquid Cooling
SSD 300GB

Solution
Depends on what resolution you're at, but by the system specs I can tell it'd be quite high, so no there shouldn't be any noticeable bottleneck, even more when OCed.

Don't worry about it.

al360ex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hello,

If you ever plan on using 3 monitors with Nvidia 3D surround, it might start to be a problem at stock. With a 5GHz OC (if you're able to get it), I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. But again, the best way to check it is to test it. Install everything, and run 3dmark 11 at stock. Then OC your CPU, and if you see an increase in the GPU score and/or in framerate, you'll have your answer

Good luck,
al360ex

jorgeireyes

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011

On the side I only have 2 DELL LED 23' monitors for now. Was planning on a third but want to wait first for the fixed SB to come out. All conditions perfect aside I hope that it shouldn't bottleneck either way.....I hope....:(

jorgeireyes

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011

Guess then I have three more things to buy:

Another 23' DELL LED
Motherboard

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.