Last Saturday, I was able to use all my connections using my d-link WBR-2310. I always had my laptop connected via Ethernet to the d-link WBR-2310 router, and as I said everything was fine until Sunday morning.
On Sunday, I realized that the Motorola 2210-02 modem was not working at all, and other people at home did not have wireless connection. Then, as usual, I disconnected and connected the power to the router, but it did not work, and then I realized that the modem was not functioning correctly either. Then, I went and hook up the modem to my laptop (I forgot that this may not work), but I just did this. At any rate, I decided to call AT&T, and the modem was then reset to factory setting by tech woman, and I was able to have Internet without the router.
Then, I decide to set up my router (at this point I did not remember if I had to set my modem to "bridged" mode). However, after few attempts I kind of remembered that I had to set up the modem to "bridged", and then I reset the router to factory settings or I think I did. At any rate, after more attempts I was never able to get the Web page of my router, which should have been located at IP "192.168.0.1". Then, I reset back the modem to factory settings so that I can for the moment I have Internet connection. I just now wonder if my router is dead. Note that AT&T Motorola 2210-02 modem interface web page can be accessed at "192.168.1.254". I am really fuming at whatever AT&T did to make my whole set up which was working fine for the last two years. I'd appreciate any help here. Thanks.
P.S. I am still unable to access the router interface @ 192.168.0.1 no matter what I do, and I forgot to mention that I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
I can't guarantee that this is the problem, but I've had issues in the past with two devices that operate on different subnets, and in my case it was 192.168.0.* and 192.168.1.*, just like yours.
Have a look to see if you can change one of the two devices to match the other. That's probably what you did some time ago, and resetting things to factory defaults undid the change.
Thanks. However, I don't see how I can correct the router since I can't get to its web page interface. I just bought some cables, and I have some new ideas to try tonight when I get home. I want to rule out Ethernet cable failure. It seems also that I have not done a complete router reset or the router was not properly reset by me. I will pay more attention today with a fresher view.