Final Fantasy Tactics Advance combo question

I just started, 3 battles in.
In order to do combos I need two characters with 'combo ability' and JP?
Say, Marche and the other starting soldier, whatever his name is (if he were
to have the combo ability). Combos are related by class?
Do they have to be adjacent to each other or adjacent to the same enemy?

Can someone give me an example?
1 answer Last reply
More about final fantasy tactics advance combo question

    In the land of alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance, the word of
    the Lord came to debaser and verily he spoke saying:

    > I just started, 3 battles in.
    > In order to do combos I need two characters with 'combo ability'
    > and JP? Say, Marche and the other starting soldier, whatever his
    > name is (if he were to have the combo ability). Combos are related
    > by class? Do they have to be adjacent to each other or adjacent to
    > the same enemy?
    >
    > Can someone give me an example?

    I am just about eight hours into this game as well. Here is how I do
    them.

    My main dude has the combo, and I taught my ninja dude combo by giving
    him a certain peice of gear, sorry I don't remember what. If they are
    both adjacent to the same target and you select the "combo" for either
    of them then the target then all of the parties involved in the attack
    will flash therefore showing you who will participate.
    It doesn't matter about race, or class as far as I can tell, as long as
    they are adjacent to the target and have a combo ability they will join
    in on the attack. Hope that helps.

    --

    -John
    Because it makes things difficult to understand.

Console Gaming Nintendo Gameboy Games Final Fantasy Video Games