Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$300 Budget Upgrading on a TA785G3

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 26, 2011 2:44:13 PM

Back in October 2010 my HP Elite e9120y decided to take a rest, for good. Long story short I replaced my mobo with a BIOSTAR TA785G3 and recycled all the parts, I lost 2 RAM slots with this MOBO so now I'm down to 4GB rather than the stock 8GB, but I did get end up buying Win7 32bit, so not really a big deal, and for what my needs are (online poker, e-mail, internet browsing, music, etc) it wasn't a huge/dramatic loss for me. The other day I decided to open my computer to clean it out and I noticed the PSU my PC was running was junk (I do know that much from previous experience from computers!). So now I just don't want to have the risk of this power supply junking out on me and ruining other parts, and while I'm at it I would like to keep my computer up to date, with a budget of ~ $200 - $300. Getting the best bang for my buck, of course. I atleast want a PSU to prevent any faults as any other upgrades just might be a waste of money. Thanks in advance

BIOSTAR TA785G3
AMD Phenom II X4 910 / 2.6 GHz
4GB DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4350 PCI-E x16
Western Digital 1TB SATA 3GB/sec 5400 RPM
Bestec 300W

Here are the 2 idea's I had.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
April 26, 2011 2:57:04 PM

That simple $40 would be plenty? I really appreciate that! That would be great! People else where are insisting I upgrade like crazy.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 26, 2011 4:18:20 PM

For your CPU I would maybe stick a HD5770 or GTS450 in there with the Antec!
m
0
l
April 26, 2011 4:46:58 PM

Is the power supply the reason my computer lags and runs slow as soon as I open my poker games? Poker game, defragexpress, chrome, thunderbird and AIM are the only programs on my computer. Computer fans are always running 100% when the pc is on.
m
0
l
April 26, 2011 5:07:49 PM

No there are something going on but not the PSU.
m
0
l
April 26, 2011 5:13:54 PM

rolli59 said:
No there are something going on but not the PSU.


I have done a defrag, driver update, anti-virus etc, any suggestions? I am having thoughts about memory issues.
m
0
l
April 26, 2011 5:49:15 PM

stackomoney said:
Is the power supply the reason my computer lags and runs slow as soon as I open my poker games? Poker game, defragexpress, chrome, thunderbird and AIM are the only programs on my computer. Computer fans are always running 100% when the pc is on.

Do you mean it takes a while to load the programs? If so that is probably due to your 5400rpm hdd. If you do have the budget you can pick up a samsung spinpoint 1tb for 50-60bucks. :D 
m
0
l
April 26, 2011 5:58:21 PM

zooted said:
Do you mean it takes a while to load the programs? If so that is probably due to your 5400rpm hdd. If you do have the budget you can pick up a samsung spinpoint 1tb for 50-60bucks. :D 


No, it actually loads fine, just runs horrible. When I ran WoW and SC2 on this machine it wouldn't even run that bad, literally.
m
0
l
!