Z68 Motherboard for i5-2500K

Doradon

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
Hey all,
I'm getting some components together for a gaming PC and I've come up with the following:

Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard (Link)
Corsair LP Vengeance 8GB (Link)
Intel i5-2500K (Link)
Antec 300 Case (Link)

I've already got a GPU, HDD and optical drives, so only need those components. But my question is, is that a good motherboard? The total price of the above is £324 and I'm looking to ideally not spend any more than £350-ish

I've asked and looked around and the ASRock 3-3 comes up aswell as some Gigabyte ones. So trying to settle on one now, any ideas?

Thanks,
- Doradon

p.s. Apart from what's mentioned above, I don't have anything extra like fans or coolers.

Doradon

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
So with those parts I should be fine? I would be overclocking at some point in the future (and will be getting a proper heatsink when I do).

Also, what do you mean the motherboard doesn't come with a heatsink? Do you mean the CPU?

Lieutenant Awesome

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

No, it says in one of the MOTHERBOARD's reviews that most motherboards that price come with a heatsink and that one doesn't. I think a heatsink is something that goes over parts of the motherboard and protects them from heat, like the RAM sticks you can buy that come with heatsinks.