Z68 Motherboard for i5-2500K

Hey all,
I'm getting some components together for a gaming PC and I've come up with the following:

Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard (Link)
Corsair LP Vengeance 8GB (Link)
Intel i5-2500K (Link)
Antec 300 Case (Link)

I've already got a GPU, HDD and optical drives, so only need those components. But my question is, is that a good motherboard? The total price of the above is £324 and I'm looking to ideally not spend any more than £350-ish

I've asked and looked around and the ASRock 3-3 comes up aswell as some Gigabyte ones. So trying to settle on one now, any ideas?

Thanks,
- Doradon

p.s. Apart from what's mentioned above, I don't have anything extra like fans or coolers.
4 answers Last reply
More about motherboard 2500k
  1. Well the mobo comes with no heatsink, consider you'll probably need to buy it one. Also, is the i5 2500k compatiable with 1600Mhz RAM?
  2. The parts what you choosed are compatible.
  3. So with those parts I should be fine? I would be overclocking at some point in the future (and will be getting a proper heatsink when I do).

Also, what do you mean the motherboard doesn't come with a heatsink? Do you mean the CPU?
  4. Doradon said:
    So with those parts I should be fine? I would be overclocking at some point in the future (and will be getting a proper heatsink when I do).

Also, what do you mean the motherboard doesn't come with a heatsink? Do you mean the CPU?

No, it says in one of the MOTHERBOARD's reviews that most motherboards that price come with a heatsink and that one doesn't. I think a heatsink is something that goes over parts of the motherboard and protects them from heat, like the RAM sticks you can buy that come with heatsinks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i5 Components