February 20, 2011 10:45:26 AM

i came know about Nvidia GeForce GT 440
But is is having " Turbo Cache"
What the hell is "TurboCache"

More about : turbocache

a c 172 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 20, 2011 11:27:19 AM

Turbocache like ATI's hypermemory is the worst invention in the world of computing in the last decade. AVOID EVERY CARD THAT HAS IT!!!!! Trust me it is only problems. Not only does it take memory from the rest of the system but also slows it down. In Vista/win7 often like to set the max that it can offer and end up taking a lot more ram than it says on the box.
m
l
Related resources
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 20, 2011 2:18:16 PM

rahulriskyjaat said:
i came know about Nvidia GeForce GT 440
But is is having " Turbo Cache"
What the hell is "TurboCache"

the card will use system memory along with its dedicated memory. for example a card that states 1GB ram / 512mb turbocache, means the card only has 512mb dedicated RAM built into the video card board. it will then use of to 512mb from your system when needed. in theory is sounds good, the more ram the better. in practice, video card ram is much faster then slower system ram and you often end up taking away system ram needed by your PC. turbocache is often a sign of an entry level video card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2011 2:25:19 PM

Yep -- Marketing Gimmick that makers came up with to sell video cards that had low amounts of onboard memory competing with higher end models with more memory to consumers that did not know better !
m
l
February 22, 2011 3:27:28 AM

Thanks...
You mean that where ever the word Turbo Cache is mentioned it is a "waste of money card"...
m
l
!