Asus Z68 V-Pro And Multiple PCI cards

aleksancevski

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
I recently built a SB computer with quiet computing in mind. These are the components:

Motherboard: Asus Z68 V-Pro Gen 3
Processor: i5-2500k (No OC)
Power Supply: Seasonic 650w Gold
Video Card: None (IGP)
Memory: 8GB (2x4gb) G-skill 1600
Case: Antec P280 with 2 Antec Two cool fans for exhaust out top
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Noctua NF-F12
Intake fans: 2x Silverstone AP121
Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master
Storage: 128 Corsair Performance Pro, 500 GB WD Blue, 2 3TB Seagate Barracudas
Network Card: Some N-wireless card occuping the top Conventional PCI slot on the board.

With all that in mind, I plan on buying a Gainward Phantom 680 when they become available (shipping to the US is gonna suck but again, I'm going for the quiet computing approach). The Phantom cooler is a 2.5 slot cooler so I planned on moving the N-network card to the bottom Convential PCI slot on the V-Pro so to have better air flow to the video card. I also want to add a capture card to my PC so that I can convert my parents' Hi-8 video tapes to DVDs but this is where the dilemma is.

I read the review of the Asus V-Pro a while back here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-z68-extreme4-asus-p8z68-v-pro-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3,2939-5.html and because there is not PLX bridge on the V-Pro, electronic switches start disabling other interfaces.

So my question is: Considering I want to have a video card occupying the top PCIe x16 slot, what configurations should I have for a Network card and a Capture card so as not to disable any other parts? I would prefer an internal wifi card but if my only choice is USB then that's fine too.