Solved

Can i use an ATI graphic card with an SLI motherboard

Bought an HIS Radeon HD6950 and an Asus Rampage 3 Extreme MOBO. Just noticed last night that the mother board is SLI and the Card is ATI.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card motherboard
  1. It does support Crossfire
  2. An SLi motherboard - It just means that it is qualified/certified and is SLi-ready. AMD cards should run fine, I've done it in the past. It is based around an Intel X58 chipset anyway.
  3. Pardon my Ignorance, but could I still use the crossfireX capabilities even though the box says AMD CrossfireX MoBo required? If yes, will I have to take extra steps out of the ordinary to get it to work?
  4. Does your motherboard support CFX? If it does, then you should have no problem. If it's only SLI, then I don't think it's possible. Make sure you have a good PSU before you do that (if you can).
  5. I purchased the rampage 3 extreme which is CrossfireX ready and the HIS Radeon 6950
  6. Best answer
    "AMD has opened the CrossFireX architecture to Intel, allowing CrossFireX to be enabled on many Intel chipsets which feature two x16 PCI-E slots. SLI, however, requires a motherboard which is SLI certified, which includes all nForce chipsets (such as the nForce 590-SLi, nForce 680i-SLI, and nForce-790i), and most Intel X58 and Intel P55 based motherboards."

Source: Wikipedia
  7. Seeing that the Chipset is X58 I guess I'm good after reading Omnisome's helpful post. Thank you all for your prompt responses. New question. Reprotected mention my PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182072&Tpk=rosewill%20850w
    Likes Or Dislikes???
  8. shotkalla said:
    Seeing that the Chipset is X58 I guess I'm good after reading Omnisome's helpful post. Thank you all for your prompt responses. New question. Reprotected mention my PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182072&Tpk=rosewill%20850w
    Likes Or Dislikes???

Rosewill... Mediocre. They are manufactured by Newegg, I've read good and bad reviews. Although we don't have Rosewill in England so I can't comment so much, they are certainly expanding in the PSU world.
  9. Best answer selected by Shotkalla.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards SLI Motherboards ATI Graphics Product