Can i use an ATI graphic card with an SLI motherboard

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Bought an HIS Radeon HD6950 and an Asus Rampage 3 Extreme MOBO. Just noticed last night that the mother board is SLI and the Card is ATI.

Solution
"AMD has opened the CrossFireX architecture to Intel, allowing CrossFireX to be enabled on many Intel chipsets which feature two x16 PCI-E slots. SLI, however, requires a motherboard which is SLI certified, which includes all nForce chipsets (such as the nForce 590-SLi, nForce 680i-SLI, and nForce-790i), and most Intel X58 and Intel P55 based motherboards."

Source: Wikipedia

shotkalla

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Pardon my Ignorance, but could I still use the crossfireX capabilities even though the box says AMD CrossfireX MoBo required? If yes, will I have to take extra steps out of the ordinary to get it to work?

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
"AMD has opened the CrossFireX architecture to Intel, allowing CrossFireX to be enabled on many Intel chipsets which feature two x16 PCI-E slots. SLI, however, requires a motherboard which is SLI certified, which includes all nForce chipsets (such as the nForce 590-SLi, nForce 680i-SLI, and nForce-790i), and most Intel X58 and Intel P55 based motherboards."

Source: Wikipedia

Solution

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

Rosewill... Mediocre. They are manufactured by Newegg, I've read good and bad reviews. Although we don't have Rosewill in England so I can't comment so much, they are certainly expanding in the PSU world.

TRENDING THREADS