Will all these components fit?

bl42ed0

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Solution
Yes, you can put a x1 card into a x4 or x16 slot - it will work fine.

Note that the x1 slot and one of the x16 slots will be covered by the triple thickness video card (assuming you put the video card in the primary x16 slot, which is usually a good idea). However, you can use the x16 slots.

Why do you need a sound card? The sound chip on that motherboard is 7.1. Unless you need something special, I'd suggest you use the on-board sound.

You could find a different motherboard with on-board Wifi - that would eliminate the need for the Wifi card.

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Yes, you can put a x1 card into a x4 or x16 slot - it will work fine.

Note that the x1 slot and one of the x16 slots will be covered by the triple thickness video card (assuming you put the video card in the primary x16 slot, which is usually a good idea). However, you can use the x16 slots.

Why do you need a sound card? The sound chip on that motherboard is 7.1. Unless you need something special, I'd suggest you use the on-board sound.

You could find a different motherboard with on-board Wifi - that would eliminate the need for the Wifi card.

Solution

dork_police

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I don't understand why you would want a soundcard - Unless you do require it - if you don't need it, the onboard sound is good enough, you will not hear any difference if your using headphones/speakers

I would also recommend another motherboard, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128506

my brother has this one and it is incredibly good for its price, and the money that you save with buying this motherboard you can sink that into a better gpu, maybe a gtx580? (personally prefer ATI, but were not building a rig for me :p)

Hope I helped.