EVGA GTX470 heat crash

-Unkn0wN-za

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
i purchased the GTX470 standard clocked card a while ago and have been having heat issues with the card since day 1 i play a specific game online :battlefield bad company 2 ,but can only play for a hour at the most before the game starts artifacting and eventually crashes due to heat i use EVGA precision tool to monitor the card and have noted that the idle temp is about 49 degrees Celsius and while i play BFBC2 it shoots to the limit 110 degrees Celsius and crashes "display driver has stopped working and recovered successfully" but my drivers are up to date and have even rolled back to the drivers that came with the card but here are my specs if they are important: CPU: AMD Phenom IIx4 945 3.0GHZ RAM: 2GB KINGSTON DDRII MOBO :ASUS M2N68 PSU : COOLERMASTER EXTREME POWER 650W GPU : EVGA GTX470 STANDARD WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE and i have tried to turn the clock speeds down but to no avail i am running the card at stock settings with no clock tuning at all at the moment and even with the fan maxed out at 100% thrust it still crashes just takes a short while longer please advise on what i can do to remedy the problem