Z68 VS Z77 - Gaming performance.

viktorernst

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
So i am to build a gamer computer from scratch. I'll be looking to hook up a Geforce GTX 680 or 2 (over a couple of months) and i wonder;

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Or
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

What would you guys surgest?

Thanks! :)

sararozeabi

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
theres no doubt Z77 is better than z68 and besides i`ve heard some rumors bout misfunctioning on Z68 and some probs bout supportin integrated gpu
and don hold urself behinda new Features of Z77 :love:

but if u havnt enough money go to z68 :D :kaola: :lol: :whistle:

trulysick

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
I own a Z68 V pro/Gen 3 and it is a great board after the bios updates... At first some things don't work properly, so update it right it away and you won't have to worry about it not waking up from sleep...

It also has this Marvel controller that is the 6gbs sata(the 3gbs sata's are non Marvel) and you'll need that update as well for that controller to work. Although there is something weird about it, after I got mine set up and plugged in my HD into the 6gbs slot, when it boots it says its 5gbs... idk whats up with that.

Also had some problems with the onboard blue tooth, couldnt find other devices... I haven't tried that since I recently updated some stuff...

I would spend the extra 10 bucks or w/e and get the Z77 in hopes for less bugs..