raylee011

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello,
I just signup for my DSL and I have a SMC7004ABR and the SMC7004VWBR rounters. I am planning to use the SMC7004ABR as a main rounter(connect it to the DSL Modem) and the SMC7004VWBR as a hub with wireless access (Offer more connection).
My question is. Should I setup the DSL on a computer first and test it before I setup the rounters? Or should I hook everything up and teset the network before I Install the DSL Software?
Also, Do I need to Install the DSL CD on every computer?
Finally, how do use the SMC7004VWBR as a Hub with wireless access?
Also, how do I know if I setup each computers correctly to talk to each other?

Thanks,

Ray

sturm

Splendid
Why not just use the wireless router for everything. How many computers are you hooking up? One router would be much simpler to do.
I would setup the dsl on a computer first then follow the instructions off the install disk to install the router. But either way should work fine.
Youll need to set up some folders or drives to 'share' on the network. Go under the properties - sharing tab to do this.
The computers should show up in the ''My network places'

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I think many ISPs are requiring that you setup the connection on a computer before moving to a router. If you didn't setup a username/pass when you ordered the service you will have to setup the connection on a computer first. I'm glad I got Pacbell/SBC dsl before they started doing this, I don't wanna put yahoo crap on my comp :(
Once you get a username/pass setup you can remove all the junk the disc put on ur comp and use that user/pass to connect via the router. You don't want to/need to put that dsl software on every comp.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

TRENDING THREADS