Losing details onscreen in Pokemon Sapphire

Last response: in Video Games
April 24, 2004 12:59:36 PM

All,

My son has noticed that he is losing "details" in Sapphire. For
example, when he uses something called mudshot he used to be able to
see the mud come out of the pokemon and hit the foe. Now, he can still
use mudshot but the mud is not seen onscreen. Apparently the foe still
flashes meaning, I guess, that he has taken the hit from the mudshot.
The game plays on as expected.

This is happening all the time. He restarts into his saved game so I
don't know if this behavior is the same for a game started from the
beginning. Does this behavior indicate a developing flaw in the
player? Or perhaps the game cartridge?

Any help/hints would be appreciated, and thanks,

April 24, 2004 4:16:03 PM

Reed Loefgren wrote:

> My son has noticed that he is losing "details" in Sapphire. For
> example, when he uses something called mudshot he used to be able to
> see the mud come out of the pokemon and hit the foe. Now, he can still
> use mudshot but the mud is not seen onscreen. Apparently the foe still
> flashes meaning, I guess, that he has taken the hit from the mudshot.
> The game plays on as expected.

I don't know how this would happen without your son doing it himself,
but go into the options and be sure that the second option is turned on.
I forget what it's called, something like "Battle Animation" or
something. When this is turned off, you won't see the actual images on
the screen for an attack, just the enemy taking damage.
!