BIOS not APCI compliant - Keyboard won't work

paulbelk

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section. If you know of a better place, by all means, let me know.

Here's the scoop. I'm not a noob but this one stumps me a little and I was hoping that someone here had something to try.

I shut my computer down last night and when I restarted this morning I received an error stating that the PC was not APCI compliant.
If I restart and get into the bios my keyboard won't work at all and it's NOT a USB keyboard.

I'm a little confused.

Here's my config:
XFX 680I LT SLI MOBO
Intel Quadcore Kentsfield 2.4Ghz Q6600 CPU
OCZ Gold 1000W Z Series Modular PSU
8 Gigs' Ram
6 1.5TB WD Caviar Blacks
2 ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GT

I have even stripped it down to just 1 stick of ram and one HD but no luck....

I hope somebody can tell me something else to do as I can't even re-install my OS w/o being able to get into the BIOS to tell it to start from the DVD drive. ANY suggestions will be appreciated...

sound to me like something dies on the mb or your cmos chip went bad. have you tried using the clear cmos jumper and leving the power unplug for 10 min so that the cmos clears itself. if done right you should get a date and time error and need to go into set up and fix it. also there are small control chip in keyboards and they do fail. whe nthey fail all they way you get no led on them and the good old keyboard failure message on older bios. if they fail 1/2 way you might get wierd letters or missing letters in windows. if you have a spare keyboard try it if not see what happens with the keyboard unplugged does the same error message pop up.

paulbelk

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
I have tried clearing the CMOS and using a different Keyboard. All to no avail.

I will also add that it does a funny restart thing after checking the memory and CPU. After it restarts a few times (and the ketboard blinks) then it will attempt to load but doesn't get to past the bios ever.

What next? How can I determine for sure it is the MOBO before I go and replace it?