FFTA

Well I got this game a few weeks ago. I've done about 10 jobs already
and I have a question. Does the game ever become fun? So far I've been
bored out of my mind playing this. There doesn't seem to be much of a
storyline either.

Adnan
6 answers Last reply
More about ffta

    Adnan wrote:

    > Well I got this game a few weeks ago. I've done about 10 jobs already
    > and I have a question. Does the game ever become fun?

    Only if you like strategy games.

    "Adnan" <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Well I got this game a few weeks ago. I've done about 10 jobs already
    > and I have a question. Does the game ever become fun? So far I've been
    > bored out of my mind playing this. There doesn't seem to be much of a
    > storyline either.
    >
    > Adnan

    Mmmm it's a thinking man's game, so I can see why yer getting bored.

    Brother Justin wrote:

    > "Adnan" <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Well I got this game a few weeks ago. I've done about 10 jobs already
    > > and I have a question. Does the game ever become fun? So far I've been
    > > bored out of my mind playing this. There doesn't seem to be much of a
    > > storyline either.
    > >
    > > Adnan
    >
    > Mmmm it's a thinking man's game, so I can see why yer getting bored.

    Where's the thinking in this game? There's no story at all. You do one
    job to the next which are quite similar. And the jobs themselves are not
    that hard.

    Advance Wars 2 and Fire Emblem are much better than this.

    Adnan

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Adnan wrote:
    >
    > > Well I got this game a few weeks ago. I've done about 10 jobs already
    > > and I have a question. Does the game ever become fun?
    >
    > Only if you like strategy games.

    Well I really games like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. I just find this
    game pointless. It would probably be fun if there was a story.

    Adnan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Adnan wrote:
    > Brother Justin wrote:
    >>
    >> "Adnan" <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Well I got this game a few weeks ago. I've done about 10 jobs
    >>> already and I have a question. Does the game ever become fun? So
    >>> far I've been bored out of my mind playing this. There doesn't seem
    >>> to be much of a storyline either.
    >>>
    >>> Adnan
    >>
    >> Mmmm it's a thinking man's game, so I can see why yer getting bored.
    >
    > Where's the thinking in this game? There's no story at all. You do one
    > job to the next which are quite similar. And the jobs themselves are
    > not that hard.
    >
    > Advance Wars 2 and Fire Emblem are much better than this.
    >
    > Adnan

    Out of all three of thsoe, I'd probably rank FFTA as my favorite. It's not
    about the story though, it's about the tactics. I can see why you might not
    like it as much if having a strong storyline is important to you.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:33:47 -0500, "Holden" <nothx@ihatespam.com>
    wrote:

    I agree with the original poster. FFTA is lacking something. This is
    exactly the kind of game I love, but I don't love this game. I played
    for many hours and then just lost interest. The battles were too
    similar. The amount of horsing around you do to avoid the laws that
    nerf your party just loses it's appeal. I tried just taking all
    battles as they come, but that tends to stink when your party doesn't
    have the equipment to cope with the laws. Sometimes a battle gets
    really drawn out because the thing that the monsters are weakest
    against it against the law.

    What I think everybody ends up doing is creating a power team, with
    some characters you always bring in, and a group of floaters who get
    into about 50% of your battles. Then there are some laws under which
    you just never fight. It's just too painful to bother, and the
    consequences of blowing an assignment are not that bad compared to a
    prison sentence.

    I would say stick with Tactics Ogre. It's better than FFTA and
    doesn't bust your chops with arbitrary laws. Also, I think the
    promotions system is a lot more interesting than the one in FFTA is.
    I would also say that both Advance Wars games and Fire Emblem are far
    more challenging and interesting than FFTA. I played enough hours to
    have got my money's worth out of FFTA, but I doubt I'll bother to
    finish it.

    PBC

    m.m.m.m.m.m.m....What was my e-mail address?

Console Gaming Games Gameboy Video Job Market Nintendo Video Games