AMD Talks GPU Gaming Physics

Well, according to most AMD fans: PhysX is not worth it, slows down frame rates, doesn't improve graphics, can't be seen most of the time, places too much strain on hardware, is only used in a few games, is a distraction, etc. So, I'm sure the AMD version will be GREAT!!!

i think physics in games is great, physx is gay, why should i HAVE to buy a nvidia card to use it? I have owned both ati and nvidia in the past and am happy with both. What i never owned was a 3dfx card because i did not like their bullcrap glide API and glide only games. Everyone knows that an ATI card COULD run physx if nvidia would let them. The problem i see here is the wa*ker game devs that implemented physx probably because they were paid by nvidia. I dont want ATI to make their own version of GPU accelerated physics it just creates even more bullcrap. There are already open physics acceleration standards like havoc and bullet that are used in games so why even use nvidias physx or have ATI bring out their own bullcrap?